Chapter 4: Enter The Soul Society

Sleeping under an unfamiliar ceiling wasn't easy at first, however, Tessai suggested that I rest on the last day before it was time to leave. I welcomed the thought and managed to get some shuteye until the others came. I woke up to the sound of Urahara calling me to join him out front. When Ichigo arrived I thought we'd head off immediately, but then I was surprised to see Chad and Orihime there, more than I was to see Uryu in a white costume with blue stripes. We all followed Urahara down to the training ground where he would explain how we would go to the Soul Society.

"This is amazing," Orihime commented on the surroundings, "This is so cool! It's like a secret underground base."

Tessai got emotional from her reaction, "Your reaction is so good, I feel so touched."

"Okay! Everybody!" Urahara got our attention, "Please look over here! We're about to go!" With the snap of his fingers, a large square frame made of paper appeared. "This is the door to the Soul Society, the Senkaimon. But one thing first." He poked Ichigo with his cane, ejecting his soul from his body.

"Wow," Orihime said in surprise as Chad caught Ichigo's body and Uryu took a look as well, "I wondered how Ichigo changed so fast, so Ichigo you're not inside this Ichigo?"

"Of course not," He answered.

"You're all certainly relaxed," A male voice I didn't recognize said beside me, causing me to look for it. "Down here." I looked and saw the black cat from before.

"Yoruichi, there you are!" Orihime called out.

"I had something to take care of before we left," Yoruichi, the talking black cat, said. I lowered myself to look at him. "Need something?"

"No," I answered, "I just thought a talking cat would freak me out more. Actually, can I pet your head?"

"Hm, your reaction is rather odd compared to the others. I suppose I don't mind," With that permission, I start petting Yoruichi's head.

"Explanation time!" Urahara said, gaining our attention for the second time, "As you all know, the Soul Society is the world of souls. In order to go there, you have to be a soul. But only two of you can move around as a soul, Kurosaki and Wasa, who are both Soul Reapers. For others, even if their souls are separated from their bodies, they're still chained by the chain of fate. This changes that, allowing you through without separating them."

Uryu clarified, "So it means we can just go through without having to be souls."

"Okay, I got it." Ichigo said, walking forward, "Then let's go in." Urahara jabbed him with the cane. "Oh shit!"

"On the important note." Urahara continued, "The problem is time. The time allowed to go through the Senkaimon is only four minutes." Everyone was shocked by that, it didn't sound like enough time.

"Is that long enough?" Ichigo asked.

"Not normally, and once the time is up the door will close. Trapping anyone left behind inside the Dangai, the precipice world between this world and Soul Society. Plus, inside the Dangai is a restrictive current. One foot caught by it and the chance of leaving in time is almost impossible."

"Sounds like all the odds are against us," I spoke up, "What can we do?"

"Just run forward." Yoruichi answered, "As I told the others, the heart and soul are connected. What's important is what your heart believes. Only those who can do that can follow me through the gate."

Ichigo stepped up, "Those that are here have made the decision and are determined to follow it."

"You should know," Yoruichi added, "If you lose, then you will never return."