Chapter 1

A group of SWORD agents find an old and abandoned HYDRA base in Russia and decide to check it out. There wasn't much in there except for a cryogenic chamber that had someone inside it. One of the agents, an idiot, opens the chamber without thinking of the possible repercussions that would follow. 

"You moron! There could be a trained killer in there!" another agent shouted.

When the ice cleared away, a sleeping fourteen-year-old boy was revealed. 

"It's...a kid." a third agent said.

Two agents grab the boy and try to lift him out of the chamber. But that action woke him up and seeing a bunch of people with guns made him to into survival mode. The agents quickly find out that the boy is a super soldier when he attacks and kills them...well, except for one. The boy was long gone by the time backup arrived, the surviving agent told them what had happened.

"We have to find this boy before someone else gets hurt or killed." the new director of SWORD said.

"Is there a name on the chamber?" she asked.

"Yes, ma'am, it says....The Winter Cadet." an agent answered, looking at the label on the chamber.

"Oh god, if he's anything like the Winter Soldier, we got a real problem on our hands. Somebody contact Sergeant Barnes!" the director ordered.

Meanwhile, in New York, Bucky Barnes is in the middle of having sex with his friend, Sam Wilson.

"Oh god, wow." Sam said rolling off of Bucky, laying beside him and breathing heavily.

"Yeah....that was good." Bucky chuckled, catching his breath.

For a couple months now, Sam and Bucky have changed their relationship from "co-workers" to "friends with benefits". The two don't go on dates, they don't have cutesy pet names for each other, they don't do anything too coupley...the only thing the two of them do is have casual sex. And this is how both of them like it to be, neither planned to catch feelings...but when has anything ever gone according to plan.

"Bucky....there's something I really want to talk to you about." Sam said in a serious tone.

"Can't it wait, I gotta go take a shower." Bucky replied sitting on the edge of the bed.

"*sigh*...Y-yeah...it can wait." Sam sighed, laying his arms on his stomach.

Bucky stands up with a small grunt, rubbing at his lower back.

"I wasn't too rough with ya, was I?" Sam asked.

"Nah, it's okay...besides, you know I like it a little rough." Bucky said winking.

Then he walks away towards the bathroom making sure Sam had full view of his bare butt. While Bucky was in the shower, Sam grabbed his clothes off the floor and put them on. When Sam opens the bedroom door to leave, Alpine, Bucky's cat, darts in and rubs at his legs. 

"Hey there, little guy." Sam said crouching down to pet the cat.

Sam scratches Alpine's chin, making him purr. After he was done petting Alpine, Sam leaves Bucky's apartment. Walking down the busy street of New York, Sam runs into a little girl and her dad.

"Daddy, look! It's Captain America!" the girl said excitedly.

"Haha, no, sweetie, that's Falcon. Captain America is white." her dad chuckled patting her head.

This blatant comment, of course, makes Sam frown. 

"No, Daddy, he's Captain America now. Haven't you been keeping up with the news?" the girl replied.

"Come on, sweetie, let's take you to your mother's. I need to have a talk with her, she's clearly letting you watch too much TV." the dad said, holding back his contempt with a fake smile.

He takes his daughter's hand and starts walking away with her.

"Bye, Captain America!" the girl said waving happily.

Sam smiles and waves back.

"Hehe, smart kid, sh*tty dad, though." Sam mumbled continuing his walk to the bus station.

Across the country in San Francisco, Scott and Hope had the house to themselves. Cassie was with her mom and Paxton, and Luis was out of town for business. A month after the final battle against Thanos, Hope moved in with Scott. Right now, the two are taking advantage of their alone time. Hope pushes Scott onto the couch and straddles his lap. They kiss and run their hands up and down each other's bodies. Scott moves his hand across Hope's back and then suddenly tosses her bra behind the couch.

"Scott, remember, no more magic tricks during sex. We agreed on this after that time you pulled that Ace of Hearts out of my..." Hope began.

"I know, I know, sorry. Thought the bra thing would impress you." Scott interrupted.

"Well...it would make things easier now." Hope chuckled, taking off her shirt.

Scott giggles and grins like a kid in a candy store as he takes off his own shirt. He flips them over so that he is on top. Unfortunately, before they could go any further, Dave and Kurt let themselves in. Hope quickly throws a blanket over her chest so they wouldn't see her breasts.

"What the h*ll!? Ever heard of knocking!?" Scott yelled at his friends.

"We have key, we don't need to knock." Kurt said holding up his copy of the house key.

"And maybe you guys shouldn't be doin' the hippity-dippity in the living room." Dave added.

"It's our house!" Scott argued.

"Technically, it's you guys' and Luis's house. The two of you need to get a house of your own if you want to have hanky-panky on the couch." Dave replied.

The two make themselves at home and sit on the other end of the couch.

"I'm gonna go get dressed." Hope huffed, scurrying off to her and Scott's bedroom.

Scott glares angrily at his friends during their entire visit. Hope finally threw them out when Kurt found her bra behind the couch and Dave pointed out that it was from the current Victoria's Secret line. 

"Sorry about them." Scott said as he and Hope cuddled up on the couch.

"It's alright, Scotty, I knew what I was signing up for when I became your girlfriend." Hope said kissing his cheek, then resting her head on his shoulder.

Back in Russia, the boy who had escaped from the abandoned HYDRA base was now wandering the streets of St. Petersburg, scared and confused with no idea what to do or where to go. The last thing he remembered was a bunch of HYDRA agents drugging him and shoving him into a cryogenic chamber. The Winter Cadet hunkers down in a broken, condemned building and tries to gather his wits. Many thoughts ran through his mind. How long was he frozen for? Where were the HYDRA agents who were in charge of him? Was HYDRA still even a thing? And the thing he had been asking himself since he was six years old....what was his name?