CHAPTER III

It had almost been a week since that eventful day, she woke up, her eyes still wet from the tears she shed every night. The day were their plan was set in motion had arrived.

She got ready in a hurry and quickly made her way down the stairs, Erik was already there waiting for her, "Let's get going, wouldn't want to keep the rich guy waiting." he scoffed whilst leading her to the front exit, the dull white corridors involving them.

A teasing smirk graced her soft face, "You do realize I am one of those rich guys, right?" successfully making the tall man stutter, scrambling through his brain in an attempt to find a way out "W-well he is different! I g-guess what I am saying is he irritates me!", a gentle laugh could be heard as they finally left the building behind once more.

Walking down the various streets they finally arrive at a park where the same carriage they rode just a few days ago came into view, getting closer to their surprise, William already sat comfortably inside on the velvet seats, "Good morning to you two."

On their way conversation was overtaken by the topic at hand, the job. Some would argue the only person that didn't seem nervous was the short girl that always accompanied the two men, it seemed as she didn't really consider her well being and it worried them two. Even if they hated to admit it, neither could survive without her, in a quite literal sense, they both knew that she was the most skilled out of the three and there were many close calls where had Bella not been there, they would be stuck in a grave right now. She was also the only one that kept them all together. William and Erik tolerated each other, but they knew was it not for her they would have parted ways a long time ago, then again maybe they would be brought closer for they would have lost one the most important person to them. 

That day a silent vow was made between the two that no matter what, they would protect her, the look exchanged the only living proof of the promise made. This was in fact the only thing that stopped them from disbanding the trio, the desire to keep her safe, even if deep down inside they knew she was more capable than themselves.

They were dropped at the train station, they had to travel to the capital, Cirith. Had it not been for the reason they are going it would have been quite the breath of fresh air, unfortunately they were there on a mission not on vacation.

The carriage slowly disappeared as they went inside the rusty old station. Upon reaching the platform the train was frozen, waiting for it's occupants to get inside the black and olive green painted cars. Just like always they had a whole cabin for themselves, typical of William, she thought, getting the best money can buy, not that she could complain, after all it was perfect for a nap.

The furious horn sounded signalling those on the outside they were about to leave. 

Her purple orbs scanned the scenery as the green fields came into view, the smoke of the locomotive just barely visible. This along with the fast movement of the vehicle was enough to send her to a deep slumber, her torso slipping enough away from the window to lay her hand on the shoulder of the now blushing tan skinned boy.

"Hey, Bella, we are here." a strong voice, Erik's, woke her up. Yawning she slowly got up.

Getting outside of the big, marble train station her violet eyes fall to the sculptures, be it in the middle of the street or carved into the white marble buildings, the capital, Cirith, she heard was the pinnacle of beauty, everything this country is. 

It's sickly sweet scenery filled with a huge amount of people from upper classes, not a single person who is poor was seen in the streets except for the servants and employees frantically moving around as if a knife was pushed against their throats every second of their miserable lifes.