Chapter 1

C O L L I N S

I woke up to the bright sunlight hitting my face. It was 8:30 am and a beautiful Sunday morning. I tumbled out of bed and slipped on my fuzzy slippers, heading to the bathroom to shower, to start my day.

I turned on the shower and hopped in. The water danced across the my back, penetrating and relaxing my muscles. I had no idea what the day was holding for me, but I knew that it was going to be a good day somehow.

I quickly got ready and was blow drying my hair, when my phone started ringing. It was my boyfriend, Edward. I picked up the phone and spoke into it.

"Hey Edward, what's up?" I said, casually.

"Hey Collins, feel like going out tonight? I rounded up Drew and Ashton and they're both cool with going to the movies."

"Yeah sure. Sound like fun! I'll meet you guys there."

"Yeah, we're going to be there at around six. Not really sure what movie to go to, I guess we'll just pick a random one."

"Okay, see you there! Love you!" I replied, sweetly.

"Yeah, see you!" He ended the call.

I smiled to myself while I finished getting ready. I pulled on a loose sweater and some sweats, just for the morning. I didn't really need to get all fancied up right now. I finished with putting my hair into a messy bun to go with my mood.

"Collins! Dylan! Can you girls come down here please?" My mum had called from the bottom of the staircase.

"Yeah, coming mum! I called back. I made my way down the stairs while bumping into my younger sister, Dylan on the way.

We were a fine three years apart from each other, yet everyone thought we looked very much alike, or even twins. But she has her blonde, long, straight hair, dorky glasses, and sporty clothing style whereas I have my layered, mid-back, blonde hair, bright green eyes, and my old band tees. So there was no way we were anything alike, looks or interests. Unless you count basketball, but even then.

"Hey, Collins? So are ya hanging out with your boyyyfriend tonight?" She asked, smirking.

"Dylan," I sighed. "I thought I told you not to listen to my conversations through the door!" I exasperated.

"Who says I do?" She replied.

I groaned with frustration as I continued trudging downstairs.

"Collins, I'm going out for a while but I'll be back a little after lunch. So I want you to watch Dylan for the time being, okay?"

"Yeah, got it mum. Oh, by the way, can I got out later tonight? Me, Ash, Edward, and Drew are planning on going to the movies."

"Yeah, sounds good! I'll talk to you more about it when I get back."

"Moooom! Why can't I go out with MY friends?" Dylan whined.

"Because Sweetie, you're just not old enough to walk around the malls by yourself."

"Technically I wouldn't be by myself." Dylan mumbled.

"Well anyways, I got to go, I'll be back soon." My mum waved goodbye as she shut the door behind her.

"I'm going to my bedroom to practice." Dylan announced as she started up the stairs.

"Practice what?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Dance." She shrugged, as she continued up the stairs. She started playing really loud music that blasted throughout the entire house. I rolled my eyes.

I made my way to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I actually wasn't feeling that hungry, so I decided to make myself a smoothie. As I was making it, I hummed along to a song that was stuck in my head. I went to rinse out the blender in the sink and then I noticed a boy looking at me through the kitchen window.

I immediately screamed, dropping the blender and knocking over my smoothie in the process. I quickly picked up the blender and the smoothie cup, the smoothie had spilled all over the floor. But when I looked at the window again, the boy had disappeared. But I knew exactly who it was. Luke.

A/N

HEY GUYS! SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY SHORT! IT'S MY FIRST TIME WRITING AND ACTUALLY PUBLISHING A STORY.

PLEASE DONT JUDGE TOO HARSHLY AND KEEP READING! I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS STORY AND IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYTHING, FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS. OKAY, I'LL SHUT UP NOW. ILY!