Chapter 2

Will's POV

Well, that was strange... That woman. She was gorgeous and flirtatious and she just had this way of carrying herself.

She is clearly someone important and well-known. But of course, the idiot that I am, I am probably the only person who doesn't know who she is.

Damn, I really wish I knew her name at the very least. At least then, I could find her on social media.

And why, oh why, did I think it was a good idea to give her a milkshake? I mean, she has nothing to be ashamed of, but I know big women like her feel inadequate in this fucked up society -where less is more and your happiness is directly tethered to your dress size.

I stand rubbing my face and feeling like an total ass, when Elliot calls me over to the cash register.

"Damn Will, I don't know what you did. But Cassandra Grey has clearly taken a strong liking to you." My coworker says.

Cassandra. Cassandra Grey. What a beautiful name for such an enchanting woman

"That's the lady that sat at table 7, right?"

"Yes, and she just left you the fattest fucking tip you'll ever receive! And her phone number. You Sir have got some serious game." Elliot says very impressed.

Wait, what? She left her phone number... for me?

He hands me the receipt and at the bottom it reads:
Thank you for your great service. Call me sometime.
- C

At the bottom is her phone number. Wow, her handwriting is so detailed, intricate and beautiful. I don't think I know anyone who still writes in cursive writing.

"Does she come here often?" I ask Elliot.

"Yeah, at least twice a week. She wants a low-key lunch, without her fans and the paparazzos creeping on her and we keep her visits here, very discreet. So she always comes back. And plus almost no-one on our staff knows who she really is. It's basically just me and Kimmy, one of our managers, who knows that she is the famous Cassandra Grey."

I stair at him bewildered. God, how did I not realize this sooner. Cassandra Grey, I knew I have heard that name before. She's the owner and CEO of Mercury Incorporated - one of the most successful businesses in Seattle!

"Well even though you clearly charmed the socks off of one of our biggest clients, you still have other tables, just waiting to get dazzled by the great William Coldwell. So go on and finish your shift." Elliot says and I scurry off to continue with my shift.

At 11pm I finally get home. I am tired, hangry and still in a daze over Cassandra.

I walk into home, sweet home - also known as the one bedroom apartment in a semi-descent part of town that I am currently renting for 50% under market value, because the old man who lived here, alone for 20 years, decided to shoot himself.

Apparently knowing someone killed themself in the living room of your soon to be home, freaks out the average person. But not me.

Sure I'll admit that it's weird, but it's the only decent place I can afford.

I quickly undress until I'm only left standing in my black boxer-briefs and then throw on a grey t-shirt.

I head to the washingmachine and dump my waiter uniform in so that it can start washing while I make myself some midnight-dinner.

After I have devoured an entire helping of shrimps and grits, I go check on my laundry.

What the hell? There are thousands of small, white pieces of paper everywhere between the clothes.

Oh no! The receipt! The receipt with Cassandra's number on it! Nooooo!!! I can't believe I left it in my pants pocket. What am I going to do now?

Cassandra's POV

It's been three days now. Three days since I put my heart out on the table and now it has been stabbed and torn to pieces.

Damn you Willaim with the amazing smile! Damn you Will, the only man who has ever made me question my lifestyle, since the day I was born!

He seemed so sweet and caring. It's pretty ironic that I thought he didn't care about my weight though. That's usually the only thing they seem to care about.

I sit in my office, overlooking the busy streets of Seattle, just staring out of the window - like I have been doing for the past 3 days.

Why has it upset me so much this time? It has never been this painful being rejected before.

I guess I just learned my lesson. Never expect humans to change. Never trust them to look deeper than the surface.

"Are you still sulking, over what's-his-face? Cassie, you are litterally the CEO of one of the best businesses. You are an icon, an celebrity. You are a freaking gazillionaire. You can't be hangup over some waiter," Darren castrates me. I didn't even hear him come into my office.

"It's fine. Don't worry Darren. I just need some time," I say shrugging him off, while still staring out the window.

"No, it's not fine. You are unproductive, you have lost your natural glow and honestly I'm really worried. I've never seen you like this before. Is he really this important to you?" His tone softens and when I turn to look at him, my eyes meet his sad, concerned ones.

"Look, I honestly don't know. I just thought that he was different, you know. And now I can't show my face there ever again, because he works there. And I don't even know why this is bothering me so much!" I rant on.

"Okay, promise me you won't be mad," Darren looks really guiltily at me with pleading eyes.

"What did you do?" I ask, my temper rising.

"It's more of the of what I didn't do... He messaged you on all your socialmedia platforms. He lost your number." Darren blurts out and then covers his face with his hands.

I knew I should check my own socialmedia account. This is the reason why I do everything myself. This is the reason why I don't trust anyone.

"And why didn't you tell me?" I ask barely controlling my temper. It's a wonder that I haven't assaulted him with my bare hands yet.

"I just think you are better than some waiter-guy, Cassandra. I just did what I thought was best for you, but I see now how wrong that was of me," he says seeming very sorry for his actions.

I am furious with Darren. But he just did what he thought was best for me. His heart was in the right place, even though what he did was way beyond wrong.

"Promise you'll never do it again." Darren peaks, confused, through his fingers.

"You heard me. Promise you'll never do it again. And all will be forgiven for now. Well probably until I can use it against you at some point," I joke.

"Thank you Cassandra. I really am so sorry and promise to never ever interfere in your lovelife again." Darren says and comes over fo hug me.

"Alright, alright. That's enough hugs, Darren. I don't want you to wrinkle my clothes. I'm going to Dan's for lunch at 2." I say smiling at the thought of finally seeing Will again.

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Izzy