Richard Chase

In the article three major components are discussed for the contribution in the birth of a serial killer which are:

· Loss of function in the orbital cortex which can lead to the incapability of ethical decision-making and little control of their impulses.

· Inheriting genes (MAOA gene) that incline aggression and violence.

· Bad childhood is devoid of love, affection, and care.

One of the ancient examples of bad childhood serial killer was Richard Chase. From the birth on 23rd of May 1950 in Sacramento, California to the title of America's most notorious serial killer "Vampire of Sacramento," he terrorized the whole of California by drinking the blood of his randomly selected victims to satisfy a persistent delusion that Nazis were trying to turn his blood into powder.

Being the victim of disciplinarians' parents and beatings in childhood, ten years old Richard Chase did show the sign of Macdonald triad (arson, cruelty to animals, and bed-wetting) which was then fuelled by ignorance of adults and hence lead to violence in adulthood.

Early Life of Richard Chase

He started consuming alcohol in his childhood and made develop a habit of starting fires and mutilating animals

As a teenager, he could wasn't able to sustain normal sexual function without the aid of disturbing actions, such as necrophilia or animal killing. He had girlfriends and it was later reported that Chase was unable to keep an erection during the intercourse. He took help from a psychiatrist who told him that he might be suffering from some mental illness, and the reason for his impotence might be bottled anger inside him. 

In his mid-teenage years, Chase became a heavy drug addict. Chase started to catch and buy rabbits and cut them. He was also seen abducting many neighbor's local pets, which were never seen again. He mixed the body parts of animals and Coca-Cola in a blender to drink because he believed that his heart was shrinking and his blood was turning to powder. 

In 1975, he injected rabbit blood into his veins and suffered blood poisoning. He was involuntarily institutionalized at Beverly Manor for that and diagnosed by doctors to have severe schizophrenia. 

At 18, Chase moved out of his parent's house and went through a number of roommates, who were scared about his odd behavior of walked around naked and, heavy drug and alcohol usage. The roommates asked him to leave and when he refused, they left instead, forcing Chase to move back in with his mother, who was now divorced from his father. He illudes that his mother was trying to poison him and immediately moved back out and into an apartment.

In 1975, he was briefly institutionalized and given a strong treatment with psychotropic drugs. Even after that, he had killed animals while being in the institute, they shortly released him and ceased his treatment of anti-schizophrenic drugs but he was convinced at that time, that something was wrong with his brain.