Chapter 25

••||~||••

••||~||••

The couple were in deep sleep after their passionate night, tired and worn out, but oh so content and happy

Even while sleeping their bodies stayed in contact, unconsciously shifting closer and closer until there was no space left.

Jungkook's head was resting against the crook of her neck, feeling her pulse, with his arms wrapped tightly around her malnourished waist. He was awake, doing nothing but just taking in her existence, thanking every God for this moment.

He didn't feel like waking up, it was just 4 am or maybe 5, he couldn't guess, the sound of waves hitting against the ship was too calming.

He didn't want to detach himself from her, but he knew he had to deal with some things, he needed to talk to the mob was who he was dealing with last night. Even though Jungkook knew that he has an upper hand here, he couldn't risk it. So, without any further ado, he removed his arms from around her waist, grumbling internally while doing so. He got up from the bed after taking a deep sniff of his lover's scent.

He picked his phone up from the nightstand, texting a quick message to his men about wanting to meet the boss right away, picking up a pair of clothes from his closet, and wearing them, he made sure to dress Y/N up in his shirt before tucking her in, the dark circles under her eyes were aching his heart, he frowned, rubbing his thumb under her eyes before placing his lips on her forehead for a long peck.

"I'll be back darling" he whispered fondly before making his way towards the door to get this over with.

Y/N pov;

I woke up feeling uncomfortable, not finding jungkook beside me, I felt panicked. This is not how I imagined waking up after our night together.

I could feel my heart racing, I know it wasn't a dream, I looked down finding myself in a shirt, calming down a little knowing it's probably his, I curled up in a corner of the bed, pulling his shirt up to inhale deeply, I sighed.

"I'll just wait for him a little, if he doesn't come then I'll go search for him myself"

Nodding to myself I took that time as an opportunity to just think, staring at the small window which was giving me a perfect view of the ocean.

Oh, what time is it?

I looked around trying to find a watch or something while doing so the room door swings open, and in came my lover.

At that moment, I forgot about everything, nothing else mattered, feeling tears prickling my eyes, I rushed towards him, jumping into his arms.

"Where the hell did you go, dumbass?!"

It's not a dream, I relished the feeling of his arms around me, carrying me to his bed and sitting down with me still clinging onto him. Him chuckling softly near my ear and my heart felt like bursting out of my ribcage.

We held onto each other tighter, just sitting there. How much has changed, why did we become like this? Why did this happen to us? Hell, we couldn't even spend 6 months together. It's so sad.

But that's it, I'm not letting anything come in between us again, never.

"We have a lot to talk about" his melodic voice spoke, lips pressing against my cheek repeatedly, making me crack a smile.

"We do" I replied. "Where did you go?" I asked again.

"Just went to deal with some shits, you don't worry about it, my love"  he tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear, gazing at me with sparkling eyes.

Oh, let's pretend that I didn't notice the drops of blood on his neckline!

He gulped.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry... I'm sorry for being so useless, I couldn't even protect you, I-" his voice cracked as his eyes watered taking me in as my heart ached, deciding to just listen.

"I missed you Y/N-ah.."

He leaned against my hand that was caressing his cheek.

"I missed you too Kuku..." I whispered against his lips with my forehead against his.

"I couldn't even protect my little brother - "

He gasped, his tears freeing now, making me whimper at his pain, oh how can I tell him now? How can I say that they killed him in front of me? How could I say that I was the one who couldn't protect him? And suddenly my insides were filled with the uncomfortable emotions of regret, misery, rage, and most importantly -

A need for Vengeance.

We do have a lot to talk about but the question is-

Will we able to handle it?

••••••

Author's pov;

The man sighed, taking off his glasses and placing them into the pocket of his white coat. His wrinkled and matured eyes staring deep into the young man in front of him.

"Mr. Park, his condition isn't getting any worse but it certainly isn't better either. You need to make sure he doesn't let that part of him overpower the real him, otherwise, it can become dangerous."

Jimin sighed, the worry eating him alive, the hyungs were with Jungkook, so that left Taehyung and himself.

He nodded to the psychiatrist before leaving the room without any word.
Closing the door behind him, he came across Taehyung's blank eyes.

"You'll be okay, Tae-ah, just tell Jungkook about it, and...
I heard she is back. Tell him before it's too late.."

••||~||••

Cute! Isn't he?

Cute! Isn't he?

Oh! And can know your birthday? 😉

I'm sorry for the late update, my mother was covid positive, and taking care of her was my top priority, I hope you understand!

Take care!
I purple you 💜💜

Don't GET ME STARTED ON BUTTER! MY GOD, I'M SOBBING! THESE BOYS ARE SO TALENTED, THEY DESERVE THE WORLD!!