Chapter Four

Levi's POV

Shit. What time is it? I turned a little; trying not to wake Maria up. 10:21 AM. She looks so peaceful sleeping, I wouldn't bother waking her up. I embraced her once again. 

"Levi?" Maria opened her tired eyes. "Wow, you're finally up." I muttered, not unpleasantly. "What time is it?" She asked. "10:30." I responded. "In the morning?" She asked. I slightly smiled at her dumb question. "What do you think?" I asked. She got up a little, and stared at the blazing sun coming through the window. "Yes, I'm guessing?" Maria looked back to me, rubbing her lavender blue eyes. "Correct! Aren't you smart?" I said, sarcastically. She laughed at my comment. I brushed my fingers through my hair, getting it out of my face. "I'll make breakfast. Is pancakes alright?" I asked. Maria gave a thumbs up and smiled.. "Good, because that's the only thing I know how to make." I muttered; loud enough for her to here. It was true. She smiled and whispered an okay. I got up and entered the other room.

    Maria came into the kitchen with her long brunette hair in a sloppy braid.. She looked even more beautiful. Without even noticing, I was staring at her. Little did I know, the pancakes were burning. "Uh, Levi, the pancakes." She pointed at the pancakes, burning. "Shit!" I quickly flipped the burnt pancakes. I served her two non burnt pancakes. Of course I had the burnt ones. "They're really good, Levi." Maria smiled widely. I tched in reply. After we finished, she checked her phone. "I should be getting home. I wont cause you anymore trouble." Maria stated. She got up and put on her long mint green coat. "I'll walk you." I said, walking next to Maria. She looked up to me with wide eyes. "You don't have to, I'm fine." She claimed. I ignored her comment and put on my red scarf. I opened the door and we walking outside into the fucking cold. 

Maria's POV

"My house isn't far from here." I inferred. Levi hummed in reply. Almost there, I checked my phone. "Give me your phone." Levi commanded. I looked up to him confusedly. Why would he want my phone? I hesitantly gave him my phone. He took it casually. He typed a few things, I couldn't tell what he was doing. He handed my phone back, without looking at me. I took it, the contacts were opened. "Levi Rivaille." I smiled at my phone, and looked up to him. He was still not looking at me. I think he was blushing too, which made me smile more. He's such a dork. 

    I thanked him for everything, and we said our goodbyes. I opened my door and peaked in. Quiet. A little to quiet, in fact. I entered the room a little more; only to find beer bottles on the floor, tables, almost everywhere. "Mom?" I yelled. No response. I heard footsteps getting louder and louder. Her bleached blonde hair was messed up, and she had the most disgusted face. "Where the hell were you?" My mother asked. Before I could respond, she drank more of the disgusting alcohol. "Your father left me last night, I got fired, and you didn't come home." She stated. I was all too shocked to reply. "Were you up partying all night? You're always being an immature brat." She said. When she finished the alcohol, she threw it at me. I screamed as it shattered all over. She kept on throwing empty bottles at me and yelling. I clung to the door; trying to dodge the weakly thrown bottles. I was crying, she was yelling. "You should just kill yourself!" She screamed. Over all the screaming and yelling, that's all I heard. I tried to yell, to scream, anything. Nothing would come out. I grabbed the door handle; ready to escape from this madness. I opened the door a little. "Don't you dare step out that door!" She yelled. She kept on yelling and yelling. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't think nor talk. I felt my legs becoming numb. As I had my hand on the door knob, I felt cold slender fingers wrap around my wrist. 

    I was forced out of the room. I tried not to fall as the figure was pulling me away. My eyes were too blurry and filled with tears to see who it was. I wiped my tears with my free arm.

         Levi. 

He pulled me in front of him. "Levi?" I said through tears. He wiped them away with his thumb. "Why did you come?" I asked. "You left your bracelet." Levi said, putting the bracelet that had "Maria" carved into it, onto my wrist.. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Are you my hero or something?" I said, faking a laugh. "Why do you always smile?" He asked calmly. Smile? He's asking why people smile? "To infer people I'm okay." I said, confusedly. "But you're not." He's right. I fell silent for a moment. "I know!" I whined. I couldn't hold back my tears. I clung onto him. He was stiff for a second, but returned the hug. I cryed on his shoulder. After a few minutes; he pulled me out of the hug. "Want to go home?" Levi asked. Confused at his question, I cocked my head to the right. "I'm inviting you to stay at my apartment for a little while. Idiot." He said. I nodded a yes. Without even looking back, we made our way to his apartment.