Escape (Chapter 4)

"shit." 

I kept crawling, but a little bit slower. suddenly, I heard a low growl, then a child's scream. Something was coming for us. "guys! Can you hear that?"
Joshua and Katelyn stopped to listen, and I heard both of them gasp.

"RUN!!" I screamed as I shuffled along as fast as I could through the vents. I could see something black and gooey crawling up on me until I quickly turned and met up with Katelyn. "Keep going!!" I shouted as we moved through the vents, her in front.

"there!" Said Katelyn as she pointed towards an exit leading outside of the cinema.
"go!" I said as she kicked down the exit. She hopped out and saw Josh standing there with his arms crossed.
"what took ya so long?" I could hear him ask her.

The monster reached for my leg, it squelching as it moved. I managed to kick it away... barely. I jumped out after Katelyn and didn't stop running. I quickly grabbed Katelyn's hand as a form of comfort as all three of us watched the monster take the exit to the vent and put it back in place. What we saw next was horrifying. It slowly started to take shape instead of a big black blob. It... It was Charlie. His eyes were black as he waved at us with a creepy smile, before disappearing back into the vents. No one spoke. We were all too shocked. Who would believe this? No one. When I got home, I asked my mum about the thing in the vents. She was acting weird. Weirder than usual weird.

"Hey, mum?" I asked her, with a shaking voice.
"yes, dear?" She responded with an unusually happy voice. "y'know Charlie? He's... he's dead."

"who?" 

The End