Part 3

Note: A PDF download of the full story is available on my website at:

http://www.demonstead.com/stories-and-books/

13 factions: Nathan Rainer and the Grease Monkey. Part 3

… March 1st 3129 EST. Bridge of the Starship Venia. Coming out of subspace over planet Sareem.

Victoria watched as the shared planet Sareem came into view. The SS Venia had just come out of subspace and Victoria had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"The computer has picked up another ship orbiting the planet Captain."

Sareem was shared with the Zerack race, so it wasn't unthinkable that it may be one of theirs.

"It's human ma'am."

"We're supposed to rendezvous with a Dominion ship. Perhaps they got here first?"

"Negative ma'am." The man looked up at her. "It's Sen-Kora Confederation."

Victoria watched the screen. The enemy ship was turning toward them.

"They're going weapons hot ma'am. Orders?"

"Weapons online."

She reached for the ship's intercom key.

"Attention all hands, this is Captain Victoria. Report to your battle stations immediately. This is not a drill, I repeat, report your battle stations immediately. This is not a drill."

...

Rainer threw open the door to the mechanical bay.

"Get to the Lilith now!" He ordered.

Laura looked up at him. "What's going on?"

"We're under attack, get to the Lilith!"

"But I'm supposed..."

"Kid, get your big butt to the Lilith ASAP." Rainer left.

It took a couple minutes running down the halls which were crowded with others running to their stations.

"Demon, get over here!" He yelled as he entered his room and ran to the computer terminal. He paged Victoria. It was a moment before she answered.

"Magister?"

"Captain, requesting permission to get Laura off this ship and under cloak!"

Victoria appeared to hesitate while looking at other screens.