your eyes look like coming home (bonus part)

so let's preface this by saying that i was not planning on a part two but y'all really seemed to like the last chapter so i thought i should probably write another one. hope u enjoy! <3

✰✰✰✰✰

Taylor enjoyed watching the play, always having loved to see Brooklyn get her creative side out. She was exactly like Taylor in so many ways, always having loved to sing, dance, and just be on a stage. Sometimes Taylor wondered if her daughter had inherited anything from her father at all.

During the parts where neither Jackson or Brooklyn were center stage, Taylor couldn't stop herself from sneaking glances at Joe, manily at his lips which she already missed so much. She wanted his warm hands on her waist again, twirling around to the soft melody in the elementary school gym.

After the play was over and the kids took their bows, waving to their parents, they left the stage and ran to their families.

"Brooklyn! You did so amazing, baby," Taylor said, grinning at her daughter as she hugged her.

"You were the prettiest princess I have ever seen," Joe said, smiling softly at the little girl.

"Thank you!" Brooklyn said.

"Jackson, you were the bravest knight in the world," Taylor told the little boy who was waving his sword around in the air.

The two kids eventually went off to get food from the small after party, leaving Taylor and Joe alone again.

"Your son is an impeccable actor," Taylor told Joe with a soft grin.

"As is your daughter," Joe responded. "Would you like to come over this afternoon?"

"I'd love to," said Taylor. "I think we should... probably have a little talk about... stuff."

Joe sighed, running his fingers through his already messy hair. "I'm really sorry if that wasn't an appropriate thing to do, I just-"

"Shh," Taylor told him, placing her finger over his lips after quickly making sure no one was paying attention to them. "That moment was flawless, Joe. I wouldn't have chosen any other time or place for that to happen."

Joe smiled in relief, glad that he hadn't just royally screwed things up with someone he cared so much about.

"We'll talk things over when we get to your house, okay?" Taylor told Joe.

"Okay," Joe repeated, still smiling lovingly at her.

The kids played around for a little bit before they eventually all headed back to Joe's house. Seeing as they had all driven there together, it worked out perfectly that they decided to all go to the same location again.

After setting the kids free to play in the backyard, Taylor and Joe walked to the living room, sitting themselves on the couch so they could talk things over.

"I'm just gonna say it," Taylor said, taking a deep breath. "Do you want to be in a relationship with me?"

Swallowing his fears, Joe nodded. "Yes. I knew from the second I saw you that something was special, Taylor. You made me want to lower my guard, break down those walls I built around myself."

Taylor smiled bashfully, feeling her heart explode with love like it only had with Brooklyn.

"I kind of made a vow to myself when my boyfriend ditched me that I wouldn't trust other guys too quickly, because that was how I got pregnant and abandoned in the first place. This may be soon to say this, but... when I look in your eyes, I feel like I'm at home," Taylor told him.