Chapter 6- first day on the job

You wake up at seven as your room mate Rattuole Bittern shakes you awake.

"GET UP LAZY!"

Rattuole's face is a blur as your eyes slowly adjust to the morning light. You can hardly string two words together in reply as you throw on your robes and stumble down the staircase in a haze. Rattuole seems to be the only first year who's waited for you so you mumble a thanks and the two of you follow the older years back down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

The smell of bacon fills your schnozzle as you join Rattuole and the other Slytherin first years at the table.  There are 12 new Slytherin first years- your 6 roomates and another 5 wizards in the other dorm. So far you know the names of Rattuole, Bellatrix Lestrange, a short, bespeckled boy Rampleborn Nooty, his irritating and aggressive sister Frobble Nooty and Tom Riddle- that bothersome child from the boat. 

You gobble down your breakfast so as not to be late for your first lesson. Your time table reads:

L1 / charms / prof. Flitwick 

L2 / potions / prof. Snape

L3 / History of Magic / prof. Binns

L4 / herbology / prof. Sprout

You and Rattuole get directions from a couple of older students towards the charms classroom but due to Rattuole's infuriatingly dragging walk you still burst into the classroom 2 minutes late.

"100 POINTS FROM SLYHERIN!!!"

You roll your eyes at Professor Flitwick and take the last remaining seat at towards the back of the class. Professor Flitwick starts the class- he's teaching the class how to use their wands but you've already learnt this from watching your parents at home. As you slip off into a daydream you feel a tap on your back. On the floor you see a crumpled up piece of paper on the floor, it reads:

Dear miss. Pobbsmufnn,

PAY ATTENTION! You'll upset mr. Flitwick. Do better next time please.

Lots of love,

Tom Riddle

THAT RIDDLE! You're beginning to get tired of that orphan boy. 

L2 you have potions with the potions master Severus Snape (don't question the timeline- just go with it). You excel at Potions and Sev says you have a natural gift for the production of poisons. You smirk as you think of the different poisons you could use on a certain gentleman who sits behind you in charms.

You meet a few new friends as the day goes past and learn the names for a few more of your Slytherin classmates: a lanky lad called Nattlefin Gorge and a nissan car loving girl named Prazzlely Frazzle-Grazzle. You also meet a smelly Ravenclaw named Hobbleny Finbuckleman-Guay. 

As you settle down into your bed at the end of the day you would feel completely happy and content if it wasn't for annoying, stinky people like Hobbleny Finbuckleman-Guay and Tom Riddle. 

A riddlesome adventureजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें