Lies Greed Misery

Mike's Pov:

I was so happy Chester was going to let me help him. This meant more to me than it probably should. It hasn't been long at all and I already know he's a strong and amazing person, although he can't seem to see that.

I'm pissed off at Sean though. Why can't he just leave Chester alone? The poor guy has enough to deal with already. Samantha also needs to get over him and move on and to also get a job. She should stop relying on people to pay for her stuff. Everyone who surrounded Chester was seemingly a mess.

The rest of the day went by quickly. Chester settled into my apartment and we are dinner alone. I told the guys I needed time to warm up to Chester more to get over Mark but honestly that was just an excuse to spend more time alone with Chester.

Over dinner, I learned quite a bit about Chester. His parents divorced when he was younger and he lived with his dad. He met someone named Drake but didn't say anymore about him although he did say he met Sean through him. Sean involved him with his last band, Grey Daze, and they were all heavily into drugs. They basically pressured him into trying it and he was hooked ever since. The whole drug problem was what brought Samantha and him together.

Samantha was an alcoholic and Chester was addicted to drugs. Parties happened to have both and that's where they met. After a while of dating, during a heavily intoxicated night of partying, they got married while under the influence. They were already living with each other anyway so they saw no need for divorce immediately. Chester tried to keep off the drugs as much as possible so he can keep his jobs and that's when he realized Samantha and him weren't right with each other.

Chester filed for divorced and Samantha was still drunk off her ass. Chester said that if she ever sobered up, she wouldn't even remember who he was. She locked him in his room for a couple of days after the divorce and they continued to live together afterwards.

He didn't mention too much about Sean although I was so dreadfully curious as to why he was so obsessed with Chester. I didn't want to push Chester and have him feel like he couldn't tell me anything again. Samantha's whole story just made her seem even more odd. I felt bad for Chester having to live with her for so long. In return for him telling me parts of his life, I told him about me.

I seemingly lived an amazing life in comparison to Chester's. The worst thing that happened in my life was being made fun of in school for being part Japanese. Otherwise my life has gone smoothly. I met the others through school or through one of the ones I already met and we formed the band. There wasn't much more to tell.

Chester and I were beginning to get ready for bed. Tonight would be the first night we slept in the same bed together and I prayed it wasn't going to become awkward. Chester is currently in the bathroom getting ready for bed. I had on only a pair of boxers and a thin t-shirt, hopefully that's not too underdressed. I've never slept in the same bed as another guy before like this.

Chester came out of the bathroom wearing something similar to me so I assumed what I had on was appropriate. I was laying on the right side of the bed and Chester went over to the other side and climbed in. He looked extremely tired so I suppose a late night conversation before bed was out of the question. I turned off the lamp next to my bed.

"Goodnight, Chester." I said and rolled over to my side, my back facing him.

"Goodnight, Mike." He echoed and we both stopped talking.

Chester's Pov:

"Chester, come on!"

"I'm coming, calm down."

"Shut the fuck up and get over here."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"Fuck yeah you are. I swear to god."

"I'm sorry."

"Sean, this is Chester. Chester, Sean. I'm going out to smoke. Chester, I swear to god if you say one fucking word, I'll-"

"I know, don't worry. I'll be good."

"Good."

"Drake's a real asshole isn't he?"

"You have no idea."

"I can get you away from him if you want."

"You can? How?"

"I can't tell you but it'll cost you if I do."

"How much?"

"You're funny. You'll just have to see. I'll get Drake off your ass though."

"But I can't be in debt to you."

"It'll be okay, I promise. It's better than Drake."

"I-it is?"

"Yeah, don't worry and it's not like I'm just going to take over his place. It's just a few times."

"Okay."

"Here have this though, it'll take your mind off Drake for now. It's good shit."

"I can't take this."

"Yes, you can. It'll make you feel so great."

"R-really? Will... Will it help me forget?"

"You'll be as free as a bird. No strings - or memories - attached."

"Okay."

"You're a good kid, Chester."
...
"I did it, Chester. I got him off your back."

"You did?"

"Yeah, now about what you'll do for me now..."

"No... No... No!" I jerked awake and sat straight up in Mike's bed, waking him.

"Are you okay, Chester?" He asked and I tried to relax.

"Y-yeah... Just a nightmare." I replied and I felt his arms around me.

"It's just a nightmare. It's okay. You're with me, nothing can happen to you here. You're free here." He said softly and I leaned into his arms, my head on his chest. Friends do this... Right?