synopsis

— 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄 the saying "No Mourners, No Funerals", there are mourners no matter where you go

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐄 the saying "No Mourners, No Funerals", there are mourners no matter where you go. The destruction that is Ketterdam is bound to bring pain and loss. Everyone has lost someone, causing their shell to harden, making their soul put up walls. Those walls became indestructible because showing fear in Ketterdam was not an option.

𝐊𝐚𝐳 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐤𝐤𝐞𝐫, the name alone brings fear into the streets. He was a person like no other, self-brooding, and strategic. His Crow Club, his pride and joy, are where his team of Dregs resided. Each marked with the Dregs symbol, a crow, minus Inej. He went from a nobody to a somebody. To the outside world, he has no weak spot. To his crew, they know exactly what or who it is. Anya Novikov. She was with him through everything, even if it wasn't spoken about she knew it. Anya was there during his rise to power, even there when he got that damned cane. The ugliest thing she has ever seen, in her opinion.

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐤𝐨𝐯 was Kaz Brekker's saving grace. Anya was as sweet as honey and as deadly as poison. She was able to sneak in the shadows like a ghost, her steps deliberate and deadly. Her ability to trick men into thinking she was an innocent woman, only for them to be found dead in a few weeks time. No one would ever place the blame on her, no matter what they knew, for the fear of the Bastard of the Barrel coming for them.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 two of them had a bond like no other. They were interwoven, hung together like the stars in the night sky. Even if there were no touches, they knew the other was theirs, and only theirs. Anya was open to show her affection towards him, with soft smiles, and the way her eyes light up when he so much as glanced her way. With Kaz, it was different. Due to his haphephobia, he was unable to touch her. His heart was telling him to just reach out and touch her, but his brain was saying Jordie. So, he showed his affection for her in different ways.

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 flowers or small trinkets showed up in her room, she knew they were from him. The way he included her in everything, showed her opinion mattered, to him. The way his eyes would hold affection, with anything that she could do. She was the only person he allowed to stand close, but not close enough to touch. When they stood close together she would feel the way his hand would twitch and brush against hers. Anya knew that Kaz wanted to hold her hand, but also knew that he couldn't. She didn't overstep his boundaries, no matter how much she wanted, and allowed him to initiate even the smallest of touches.

𝐒𝐨 when 1 million kruge comes into play, everything changes perspective. Is the money worth it? Who knows, but it sure will be a hell of an adventure.

🃑🃑🃑

authors note: HI HI. welcome to the opening of MOURNERS. i hope you all enjoy this story as much as i enjoy writing it. i wrote this just now and i am in love with kaz and anya already. i may incoperate SOC and CK after season one and the just incoperate season two or write a whole new book with the same oc and story. ill figure it out.

 ill figure it out