~

F o r e v e r m o r e

.~___✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥___~.

EPILOGUE

.

She's here.

Another tear is brushed away as his throat constricts, and he finds it difficult to swallow. His breath is shaky as he dips his head, unable to hold back the waterworks as the warmth he had longed for so many centuries finally encased him. 

Only proving that this is reality and he is no longer dreaming. 

I finally found you.

He can't speak—he fears that all that will leave are choked sobs, and he doesn't want to interrupt the sweet whispers being whispered to his ears. A lullaby so mellifluous lulls him to peace, the enraged demon from inside calming at the sound of its angel. 

With blurred vision, the Guardian's shaky fingers grasp the shoulders of the female who has knelt in front of him. 

[Name]—his lady, his lover.

Still holding back his sobs, the Yaksha cups her cheeks, wincing at the tiny wound that he had inflicted on her face. 

"Xiao," 

His breath falters at the calling and with reluctance, he moves to meet her eyes, glistening jewels as understanding as ever. 

She does not say anything and he does not mind. Instead, he drowns in the pools of [c] until he is submerged in nothing but the lovely color. Until he is saturated and he'll only be able to see her wherever he turns his gaze. 

Finally she smiles, one that to him—who has lived and saw the same cherubic display for countless centuries, speaks a baffling message.

You remember me.

Relief, wonder, and elation fills him up to the brim. 

He does not know how she's able to remember him right away, but he could care less about that! Nothing matters but her. 

There is no demon laughing at him and no requiem to mourn with him.

In an instant, he recalls what he intended to do the moment she appears in his life, and he all but collapses onto her front. 

Pressed close, the sound of her heatbeat invades his ears and oh, his sob almost slipped from his lips. He realizes that there's no use hiding them, though, because this is [Name]. 

When has she ever judged and patronized him?

Never. 

The only thing she has ever done is be his solace, be the one who breaks his walls time and time again. She is his comfort, his light—his home where he is safe and cannot be conquered by his beastly karma.

"I'm sorry I've kept you waiting.. I had no intention of leaving you alone for so long,"