Destiny 17

You don't find love, it finds you

*~*

"Open your mouth MN?" Yibo grinned as be bought up a spoon of food to Zhan's mouth as they sat together in the school luncheonette with their compadres, Bowen, Haoxuan, Ji, Jiyang, Zhuocheng and Bin, who were astonished by the cuteness of the young couple as they undauntedly display fondness and attachment.

"For how long have you guys been dating?" Bin queried inquisitively as he watched the couple play airoplane food with Zhan tucking in from Yibo's spoon. "Without anyone of us finding out?" He added.

Zhan sighed, running a finger over his lips. He gazed at his friends watching him closely. He didn't blame them, they probably felt two-timed knowing he didn't trust them enough to share his hugger-muggers but sometimes, there were things that just had to be secluded. As much as he felt remorse by his exploits, he couldn't undo what had been already been done. "Almost two years" he finally revealed after a few seconds of muteness but hearing his answer, Jiyang thwacked his palm on the desk with a deep frown on his face, Zhan incontinently lowered his head feeling chagrined, contriteness and culpability.

"And you didn't think it would had been nice to least give us some few hints. We are your best friends for Christ sake. I can't believe you left us out in the biggest part of your life!" He exclaimed as the feeling of infidelity creeped to his stomach. "If you had at least told us something, we would have noticed something being off about you and that stinkard Kai" he added as the scowl on his face grew deeper with every passing second while a largish lump jelled in his throat. He felt deserted, he felt backstabbed and betrayed to know his own best friend didn't trust him enough. Yes, Zhan did it to shield what he had with Yibo but it wasn't like they would rent them out to their parents.

Zhan let out a shaky breathe, not  used to being yelled at by his chums. "I know I fucked up but whatever I did, I only wanted to protect Yibo from any harm but I'm sorry, am sorry I didn't have it in me to tell you the t-ruth" Suddenly, his voice dithered and crackled as he grew emotional with every word that left his mouth. He stood up as he felt his vision going blurry. "I'm sorry" he ventilated more last time before rushing out from the cafeteria towards the restroom.

Yibo soughed as soon as Zhan was outside from sight, he turned to Jiyang who was now staring at the table with a glassy look. Among Zhan's friends, Jiyang was the closest to him so Yibo wouldn't blame him for feeling left out in his friend's life. "We are both at fault here, we wanted to keep out secret but as of now what we feared the most had become reality. Zhan is emotional, he would need all the support he could get, please don't be mad anymore. It's isn't good for Zhan and his condition. Excuse me!" He stood up and also walked out from eatery.

He went towards the direction of the restroom, he had a feeling that Zhan had went there instead to weep but Yibo couldn't allow him to cry alone but only a few meters to the restroom, his path was blocked by the biggest bawd of their little academy, Leele.

"Where are you going Yibo?" She fluttered her eyes and called out his name in a sweet and light charismatic tone.

"No where that concerns you" he responded in a bore tone while attempting to take a step forward but she came closer instead. Yibo nearly groaned out in frustration. What was with this witch? she had never been into him before.

"Oh, you're heading to the restroom, wanna have a quicky" she winked and bite her bottom lips but Yibo only found her actions obnoxious.

"I am not interested" he told her as nicely as he could before he would shoved her against the wall.

She frowned as he realized she was being rejected for the first time in her poor existence. "Why? Is it because of that drab Omega that threw himself at you. How can you be so sure he's even with your child. That being is so disgu..." Her words were cut short as Yibo's fingers unanticipatedly found themselves engirdled around her tiny neck and squeezed while his orbs grew darker with each glare.