now what?

"shit. shit shit shit." midoriya mutters, biting his hand in stress.

"yeah." asui agrees with a sigh.

"well, we can't stand for that. all of these people, they're missing their actual lives."

"i know, they haven't even been here that long and they're already fighting. i mean look!"

*asui points to the window where nearly everyone who was transported by the malfunction is causing chaos*

"ok, but now what? how do we know where this malfunction was created? where's this secret government base that everyone's talking about that created the dimension merging quirk?"

"i know." mineta raises his hand as the table turns to him.

they hesitate for a second, before midoriya decides to question mineta further.

"you know where the government base is?"

"yeah."

"ok, so where is it?"

"it's in tokyo."

that seemed too simple.

"mineta, you're going to have to be more specific."

"ok, i'm not good at explaining things, so if you want, just follow me and i'll take you there."

woah, ok. hang on a second. this is all happening too fast. izuku decides to grab his most trustworthy classmates from 3-E and UA and briefly inform them of the mission, All Might included, and they all silently escape the school grounds while the others all continue tearing chunks out of each other.

"uh, so do you wanna tell me what's going on here?" nagisa asks

"we're tracking the government base that government officials created the dimension quirk in. if we manage to fix the malfunction we can send the others back. it seems to be the only way." midoriya answers.

"ok, and what if you can't fix it?"

izuku chooses to ignore his question, getting slightly less confident as he struggles to refrain from overthinking. what if he couldn't fix this? then what happens? does the malfunction evolve or mutate like a disease? will the UA students transfer to another dimension? how safe would that dimension be?? so many questions, so little time.

midoriya tries to be hopeful as he repeatedly tells himself that even if the malfunction proves more difficult than expected to fix, that somehow theyd manage to sort it if they don't give up.

eventually, after a long trek that felt like hours had gone by, they had arrived.

it was rather underwhelming. this "government base" was actually quite small and easily forgettable due to how buried it is between the countless other buildings towering over it. perhaps that was purposeful i suppose, they don't want it to stand out so more people try to enter.

the group stops and stares at the front entry for a minute, unsure of how they're going to make this work.

"we need a diversion." todoroki says

"yeah, but what about cameras, if we're not caught by the guards we'll surely be caught by the cameras."

"here's the plan guys: i will go in there and distract the guards in the building. i am practically a celebrity after all, so all attention will be on me, that's for sure." all might says confidently, flashing his trademark smile. "while i'm distracting them, you all can find another way to enter, a window perhaps, and sneak your way in."

"what about the cameras?"

"i'll see if i can create enough noise with my engines to get the camera guards to check out what's going on, then when you all go in they won't be sitting at the cameras because they'll be chasing me."