picnic

george felt his arms shift and he groaned. as his senses other than touch began to awaken, he was pleasantly surprised with the all too familiar scent of coconut. it was one of his favorites, mostly because it smelled like dream.

oh yeah, dream. that's what's right in front of me. on this bed. with me.

george opened one of his eyes, only somewhat surprised to see yellow ones looking back at his. he cracked a small, tired smile.

reluctantly, he pulled his arms out from under and around dream, untangling their legs in the process. he kept his eyes somewhat focused on dream's, so he noticed when they lit up all of the sudden.

"what?" he asked curiously.

"i was thinking... would you wanna go on a picnic today? like, this evening?" he said, eyes shifting from his hands and back to george.

george smiled bashfully.

"with everyone else? or no," george said, hoping it was the latter. 

oh yeah. dream had forgotten about that. he obviously wanted to go alone with george, but why had george asked that? did he not want to just go with him?

"whatever you want," he said.

"well... they should probably stay here since... the tree is coming today. if that's okay with you," george responded, picking his words slowly.

"yeah, that's true. okay, we'll go just us," he was glad.

they realized how close they still were, but neither really wanted to move. eventually, george brought up the fact he needed to shower. he wasn't usually one to shower in the morning, but he didn't take one last night, so he felt he needed to.

going their separate ways, dream took to the kitchen, putting together a picnic basket with an array of snacks: salami and cream cheese, homemade bread courtesy of bad, salsa, strawberries, chocolate, the works. he also grabbed some red wine, smirking a bit to himself.

this is all a bit much, don't you think? a little too.... romantic maybe? he brushed off the thought. george was the one who decided they would go alone, it would be fine.

-

having spent all day with bad in his room, george said his goodbyes and went to his own room to get ready.

digging through his closet, george eventually grabbed a pair of light-wash wide-leg jeans, cuffed, of course, his favorite pair of converse, red ones, a white turtleneck, and a color-block crewneck. he was probably going to be freezing.

-

dream had been anxiously awaiting a semi-appropriate time to get ready, although he could've done it hours ago.

he wanted to pick out his clothes earlier, but he had stopped himself with much effort.

he opened the door to his closet and walked inside, turning to the side with his hanging clothes. he picked out a red, black, and white shirt that wasn't to be seen because he grabbed a black and red windbreaker to go on top. he paired that with some black cargo pants and his trusty black converse.

he wasn't one to get really cold, but he made sure to grab an extra-big hoodie of his. not for him of course.

-

dream grabbed the picnic basket from their fridge and closed the door as sapnap so often forgot to do. he turned, smiling as he saw the brunette before him. 

george had added eyeliner as a last minute decision, it seemed. dream would never get used to it, but he loved it.

george asked if he could do anything to help, doing what dream told him. he walked to the room across from his own and grabbed dream's black backpack from beside his bed.

dream took the opportunity to slip out to the car, bringing with him the hoodie and blankets he had hidden in a bag under the counter. george was definitely not dressed for how cold it was outside and dream wasn't going to let george freeze.

-

as they drove, they listened and sung along to one of their joint playlists on spotify called "DNFisreal 🤪🤪", a good but funny playlist consisting of songs like heatwaves, unchained melody, achilles come down, etc. to be honest, their shippers had good taste.

during a particularly calm and sad song, they found their hands linked together, each tracing shapes onto the other's hand with their thumbs and pointer fingers.

-

arriving at the grassy area after a nice 20 minute drive, they emptied the trunk of the truck and hiked up a green hill that looked to george exactly like dream's eyes.

at the top of the hill, dream stopped, dropping a fitted pink sheet and stretching it, putting a bag or something in each corner so it made a little enclosed space for them. surprisingly, there was no one else at the park as far as they could see, save for the occasional squirrel or bird.

laying out the array of food he had prepared, dream realized how hungry he was, so he was excited when george started digging in. 

to go along with what was said earlier, he had gone to the store to grab some things they didn't have in the house like chips (for his salsa), grapes, cheese, and crackers.

george thanked dream over and over again. all of the food was really good and he couldn't believe dream had put so much effort into this little evening.

he was glad he had though.

-

as the sun began to set, george started to get shivers. he knew he was going to be cold, but he really liked his outfit and had kind of ignored the thought.

dream took notice of the shivers and was glad he had thought ahead. he reached into one of the bags at the four corners of the sheet and pulled out the contents.

"i knew you'd get cold with that outfit on," dream stated. 

"pfft, i'm not cold," george denied, clearly lying.

ignoring george, dream handed him the large hoodie and set aside the blankets. he decided to wait just a bit longer and see if george would still be cold. 

george looked really cute in his hoodie, dream decided.

only minutes later, george shivered again. dream laughed, grabbing the fluffy blanket from his side. he draped it over the both of them, scooting closer so they could both fit. he had another blanket just in case, but he decided one was good.

they were so incredibly comfortable and they didn't move from their spots as they spoke for what felt like forever.

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

(a/n) hehehe i'm on a writing spreeeee i really need to study for my math exam tomorrow but i'm doing this instead whoopsiessss

any constructive criticism is welcome. i also don't wanna be embarrassed by grammar mistakes and spelling errors, so pls just point them out nicely so i can fix them ,:)

love, solo cup <3