Reunion

Pairing: Spencer Reid x Fem!Reader

Written: May 24th, 2021

Posted: May 25th, 2021

Warning: None.

Word Count: 1,244

Summary: When the reader needs a date for her high-school reunion, Spencer surprisingly steps in.

Another frustrated sigh passed through your lips.

"What's got you down in the dumps, sweet heart?" Derek's voice questioned leaning against your desk.

"Huh? Oh, uh, nothing." You mumbled, as you jumped slightly at his sudden presence.

Scoffing, Derek rolled his eyes as he raised an eyebrow at you. "Right.." His voice trailed off.

"You really want to know?" You questioned gazing at him, as a ping of embarassment washed over you.

Snorting, he gazed down at you. "Of course I do, I wouldn't have asked if I didn't."

Letting out a frustrated huff, you felt your palms beginning to sweat. Rubbing them on your pants you attempted to calm your nerves.

"Well, uh," You groaned quietly. "My high-school reunion is coming up-"

"And that's what's has you down in the dumps?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." You exhaled deeply. "I..I wasn't exactly popular in school."

"Come on, Y/N." Derek scoffed. "I find that hard to believe."

Shrugging you didn't break your gaze from your desk. "It's true."

"Why is that an issue?"

"Because!" You groaned resting your elbows on the desk allowing you to bury your face in your hands. Rubbing along your cheeks, you felt dread overwhelm you. "Because.... I.... I can't show up without a date."

"Hey guys." Spencer greeted, his gaze immediately locked with you.

"Hey." You responded sweetly. The feeling of heat rose on your cheeks.

Derek gazed between you and Spencer. His presence seemingly forgotten. Clearing his throat, both you and Spencer turned your gaze towards him.

"Did...Did I interrupt something?" Spencer stuttered, furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.

"No, not at all." Derek spoke a devilish smirk making it's way upon his lips. "We were just talking about, Y/N's high-school reunion."

"Derek.." You warned.

"She doesn't have a date." Derek shrugged his voice becoming soft.

"When was it again?"

Rolling your eyes, you crossed your arms along your chest. Leaning back in your chair, you let out a silent groan.