02. 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚.

𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙨, 𝖼𝖺𝗌𝗎𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗁𝗈𝗇𝖾

username, lou? as in louis? as in partridge? in a pear tree?
ellabrooks, yep!

louispartridge_, i was talking to care
ellabrooks, oh ok. it's fine anyways it was only for like two minutes lmao

username, only two minutes?🤨

ellabrooks, anyways stream tyler smith <3
username, who?
ellabrooks, the girl who sings blank space. duh
username, uh her name is taylor swift but ok

username, speak now by tyler smith is my favourite album
username, idk i'm more of a tyler smith (self-titled) kinda girl, u know?
username, mmm good choice tbh

username, carolineavery do u like tyler smith?
carolineavery, yes! my favourite album is don't talk!
username, omg same bestie we have taste

𝑪𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 to her bed brushing her hair, her phone on her dresser on speaker while waiting for louis to pick up. in the background, her cd player was playing 'the story of us' which was hard to hear over the ringing.

it took a while for her boyfriend to pick up, and when he did, ella could be heard laughing in the background. "hey, babe. what's up?" he asked, the sound of his skateboard on the ground prominent.

the girl placed her hairbrush on on her dresser and picked up her phone, took it off speaker and put it to her ear. "you said you were gonna call me," caroline frowned. she wouldn't have called if he hadn't said he would.

there was a silence for around a minute where he'd clearly gone on mute as there was no background noise. "yeah, i forgot," louis sighed. the girl raised her eyebrows, not comprehending how he'd forgotten in the last hour. "i'll call you later, ok?"

caroline cleared her throat and nodded, although he couldn't see her. "yeah, ok, it's just that you said that you would, um, call me at 8. it's 8:37," she rolled her eyes and bit the top of her thumb, waiting for his response.

"yeah, but i can't now so can i just call you later?" he snapped.

"ok," caroline began to walk around her room before stopping by her mirror. "bye."

once she'd hung up, the girl threw her head back and stared up at her ceiling. she wouldn't want to upset louis, and didn't think she would've by asking a simple question but sometimes people snap at the slightest thing.

with that, caroline threw herself onto her bed and under the covers. maybe he'll be less hostile tomorrow, she thought to herself. maybe it's a bad day, but maybe he's just enjoying time with ella more than his girlfriend.

𝘽𝙀𝙇𝙇𝙀 𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙔𝙋𝙄𝙉𝙂 . . .
this fully sucks but obviously this is based on some
of the lyrics from 1 step forward, 3 steps back. the
chapters will have some relation to different songs
from sour so it adds to the story, u know? anyways
fhwjndn i hope u liked this chapter besties