Chapter 1- Continued

"Ari! Where are you?" I look around and realize I'm not at camp anymore. I hadn't even noticed I'd wandered off. I was so lost in thought.

I turn in a circle taking in my surroundings. In front of my is large cave. There's moss growing up the sides and Ivy hanging from the opening. It's too dark to tell what's inside.

Theres something off about it though. There's a lilting melody coming from the cave. It's almost enchanting. It's like it's drawing me closer and closer. I hear someone call my name again and they tell me I need to go back to camp. I don't know what else they said because it never registered.

Who is talking to me? I take a step towards the cave, the darkness looks welcoming. Suddenly there's a hand on my shoulder and a soft voice, in my ear it's familiar and airy but I can't place who it belongs to. The hand on my shoulder turns me away from the cave and leads me back to camp. I never got to see the face of my rescuer.

I step through the protective barrier and something is wrong. The people running around are all familiar but I can't put faces to names. Everything is too much. The sounds are too loud and the colors too bright. The ground is to close but also to far. My feet are moving of their own accord. I don't know my name or who these people are. I'm dead and alive. Then I'm nothing. My head is spinning. Everything is nothing.

Then suddenly something snaps and everything comes flooding back to me like a tidal wave. I know who everyone is and what's going on; it's my coven and we are moving. My name is Ari and I am packing my tent. It smells like the fumes of a black pine and the ground is where it's supposed to be. I'm alive and I am something. The only thing I don't know is what happened. Or how I got to the cave.

Everyone was still working like I hadn't been gone, who'd led me back to camp? "Ari, could you come over here and help me take down the big tent?" Vida asks holding up the falling tent.

With one last glance at the forest, I head over to help Vida with the big tent. When we were finished Aurielle called everyone over to our saddle area. " We are flying in Diamond formation Cibrina your in the middle, is everyone ready?" I nodded and set off towards the river we had found a couple of days ago. It is time to go form our rides: Elemental Wyverns.

Author Note- Hello all 3 of my readers! Sorry about splitting up the first chapter, it was longer than I intended. Thank you for reading!

-Malone