Reading Lists & Form

Below are our available reading lists and their descriptions

Below are our available reading lists and their descriptions. The descriptions were gotten from the verified Wattpad profiles for these genres, the internet, and from Wattpad's Content Categories so we have gotten our facts straight

.
.
.
.

IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE
Action & Adventure

Risk, danger, and excitement inform adventure fiction, which focuses on a particular challenge, quest, or journey which the protagonist, or hero, must undertake and successfully complete. Adventure fiction includes a villain or other antagonistic forces which the hero thwarts with wits and ingenuity, rather than violence.

GIRL POWER
Chicklit

Chick lit is modern fiction about the lives and romantic problems of young women, usually written by women. While romantic elements often exist in ChickLit, stories typically focus on the female protagonist’s relationships with friends or family.

AVANT-GARDE
Contemporary Literature

ContemporaryLit are stories that take place in the present day and in which characters encounter modern-day difficulties and issues. It reflects current trends in life and culture and generally features reality-based plots with strong characters and a believable story. Settings usually keep to the modern era.

It contains characters that behave the way most readers would, the characters must be believable, the story is set in the present, the setting is a real place or at least seems like a real place, and the events are events that could happen in real life.

SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Diverse Lit

DiverseLit is a campaign made to support and promote Wattpad stories that include characters who are part of a minority group that are not typically featured in literature today. The minority groups these characters are involved in can be, but are in no way limited to, disabilities, body types, illnesses, disorders, sexual identities, religions, and nationalities. To sum it up, this campaign promotes stories with characters with any attributes that are not commonly written about.

YOUR BIGGEST FAN
Fan Fiction

For all intents and purposes, fanfiction is any fan-produced writing that uses, remixes, or subverts existing fictional worlds to create unique stories.

ENCHANTED WORDS
Fantasy

Fantasy is a genre of literature that features magical and supernatural elements that do not exist in the real world. Although some writers juxtapose a real-world setting with fantastical elements, many create entirely imaginary universes with their own physical laws and logic and populations of imaginary races and creatures. Speculative in nature, fantasy is not tied to reality or scientific fact.