Berk

I pushed to the surface choking on water.

Blue grabbed onto my shoulders and flew me back up to the island but I wasn't paying attention. I was going through each of my memories one by one.

Hiccup. My best friend. Made friends with a dragon when everyone thought they were dangerous and said to kill them immediately. But he didn't. And then he showed me toothless. And Astrid was my cousin and was so suspicious of him and mad that he was suddenly getting so good at handling dragons. She found out about toothless and instantly sided with us. And then the rest of them found out about toothless and Astrid, hiccup and I tried to stop them. But then we had to get on dragons to save them. And we did. We saved them. B-But then something hit my head. And I went flying into the ocean. My memories decided not to stick around and I was about to die until blue saved me.

I remembered how my parents had died from a fire. And that's how I lost my finger. And how I stayed with Astrid, my cousin, and my aunt and uncle. And I remember growing up how Astrid and I would throw rocks of the edge of the island and then her parents would yell at us to be careful and we would just giggle to each other. And how me and hiccup would make up songs on the spot and how his voice would crack when he hit puberty and how I would tease him but as soon as someone else did I would tell to buzz off.

God I missed them so much.

"Blue!" I said. "Let's go to berk." I stood up.

Blue blew steam out of her nose telling me no.

"Yes. Let's go." I said.

She put her paws on me. Pushing me to the ground she blew steam into my face.

"Why not?!" I asked.

She got off me and motioned her head at the island.

"What about it?" I asked.

She jumped up and pushed her feet on the ground.

"Stay here?" I said "I just remembered where I'm from and you want to stay here?"

She rolled her eyes at me.

"Don't you roll your eyes at me young lady!" She stomped again.

"You want a time out!"

She huffed at me.

"Fine. We'll go to the cave and bring some stuff back here and THEN go home."

As soon as I said home tears came to my eyes. I can't believe I forgot.

Blue nodded at the compromise and I put the saddle back on.

In a day we had transported most of my belongings onto the island.

"Can we go home now?" I asked. Blue just shimmied her body into the grass as a no. I guess she was tired. I would have been tired if I wasn't PUMPED. I really wanted to see them.

I huffed and sat down beside her. I tried to sleep but I was far to restless.

I sat up and looked for something that I could make a house out of since this would possibly be out new home. I knew berk wasn't too far. Maybe a few hours. I could bring hiccup and Astrid here maybe and we could hang out. They could bring toothless and meet blue!

I came to a large tree that hung over the lagoon.

Treehouse!

I instantly got to work. I could hear blue groan at the noise I was making but I continued. I was mostly trying to get my mind off what was gonna happen tomorrow. Night began to come and as it got darker blues light scales started glowing brighter.

I used my axe to get wood and made a sturdy place to begin a floor. Within two hours I had cut enough wood to make the floor. I wouldn't have to worry about a waterproof roof because the island floated above the clouds.

The floor was finished and I got to work on adding beams going where the outside of the ceiling would be. I decided on an open ceiling and instead of walls I hung up the decorative fabrics on the beams. The flowed around when the breeze came though giving it a peaceful feel. I left an open spot for a door and built shelves that went across the length of each wall tying them to each corner branch. The shade of the leaves above kept the sun from coming through.

The sun!

It's morning! I climbed down and saw blue staring in awe at my creation. I looked at it putting my hands on my hips. Damn! Not to shabby for something I made in one night.

"Let's go!" I said and pulled blues saddle onto her. She seemed excited all of a sudden and I hopped on not bothering to put any shoes on. I was too excited to see my friends to focus on anything else.

We flew into the air and I pulled out my compass and memorized where we were and where we needed to head in order to get to berk.

Soon I saw it!

"There it is blue!" I breathed. She roared happily and we landed. My feet hit the ground and I began running towards my house.

But something was off.

"Where is everyone?" I looked around. The path was completely empty.

"Do you see anyone blue?" I asked.

She blew out steam. No.

I opened the door to my house.

"Astrid?" I asked. "Aunt Eliza? Uncle Arty?" No one answered. I went up to my room. The one me and Astrid shared. No one.

I looked around to see many of my old belongings and I picked them up and put many of them in my bags. A geode Astrid had found and given to me. The bandana my aunt made for me with embroidered flowers and leaves on it. The dagger my uncle had someone make for me with a handle he designed with a dragon breathing fire on it. A few other things. And a bracelet hiccup made for me. I had made him a similar one as friendship bracelets. I put it on and ran down the stairs my bare feet thumping on the wood as I went down.

Maybe hiccup was here.

I ran down the path to where hiccups home was.

"Hello!" I called. "Hiccup? Chief? Anyone?" I yelled. No one. I went up to hiccups room. He wasn't here.

I went back downstairs.

Maybe theyre in the great hall I thought. I was getting a little bit desperate. I ran towards the large doors and pushed them open.

No one.

"No!" I yelled. I went into a few random houses. Maybe someone was here. They could tell me what was going on.

No one.

Empty.

Nobody.

"dammit!" I screamed. Tears were slipping down my cheeks.

Maybe we didn't save them. Maybe the red death wasn't dead. Maybe it killed everyone before they came back. That was the only explanation. They were dead.

I walked over to blue with my head down.

"Let's go home." I whispered. Berk was no longer my home. Not without Astrid and hiccup and all the people who made this the place I grew up.

Blue put her head against mine. She grumbled a sad sound in her throat and I climbed onto her back.

On the way I let out a few hot tears letting out steam and feelings I didn't know I had until two days ago.

What happened?

What went wrong?