001. - by the light of the moon

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔯 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫
un. — sacrifice!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The overhead lights flickered for a moment as the sound of a hoover and a girl humming filled the empty hallway. It was nearing October in the small town of Woodsboro meaning the air had taken on a violent chill that crept into all the buildings no matter how high the heating was turned up to, a dark cloud hovering over the town ever since the murder of Maureen Prescott one year prior. The town was suddenly darker, tainted though from the outside it looked like the same boring, little town.

In the halls of the empty seeming movie theatre a teenage girl was hoovering while dancing to the music from her walkman — hips swaying rhythmically without a care. Humming beneath her breath she spun around and let out a startled scream at the sight of the boy standing right behind her, "Stu! You idiot, I almost had a heart attack."

Stu Macher towered above her by at least two heads, but with his lanky frame and goofy grin he was completely unthreatening — unlike Billy Loomis who stood a few feet behind him with a permanent frown on his face. He was a nice enough boy, but sometimes she thought he was unhappy with how close she was with his girlfriend Sidney, "Sorry 'Elle."

Michelle wrinkled her nose at the nickname with an eye roll watching the rest of the last moviegoers exit the cinema, "So, you boys enjoy Basic Instinct?" She bent over, wrapping the wire around the hoover, "What's this the third time in the last two weeks?"

"Fourth," Billy snorted, "this idiot is obsessed with Sharon Stone."

"Have you seen Sharon Stone? Besides I wanna watch it as much as possible on the big screen whilst the cinema's doing the reruns of it." Stu looked between them like they were the insane ones.

Sighing Michelle started on making sure everything was off and in place, "And how does Tatum feel about this obsession?"

"She gets it."

Looking up at the ceiling, Michelle thought for a moment before nodding along, "Fair enough."

"You locking up on your own tonight? Billy asked, leaning against the counter as she checked the tills.

Sighing in annoyance she shrugged her shoulders, "Yeah Zack called in sick... again. I don't know why they don't just fire that idiot — but it's fine, it doesn't take long."

"Do you want us to help out, or wait for you?" Billy asked leaning over the counter ever so slightly to stare into her eyes, "It's not exactly safe out."

"No get going guys." Michelle waved them off with an unbothered smile. Even if inside she was slightly unnerved by Billy's unblinking stare, "I've got my pepper spray I'll be fine."