003. - dead girl walking

( outfit for
chapter above )

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
𝔨𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔯 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫
trois. — maneater!

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Michelle hummed along to the music blasting from her walkman — an older version than her one from the night before as that one had been lost — her fingers tracing the plain walls of her house. Frames were hung on the walls and on many flat surfaces in the house, featuring mainly her mother and stepfather Mark, the only one that featured Michelle was a wedding photo in which only half of her could be seen due to Mark's half-giant sister standing in front of her.

She hated the house, it was far too large for three people and the minimalist design made it appear as more of a showroom than a home, it was nothing like the cosy two bed they'd had in her youth when her father had been alive. When life had been normal. Michelle often found herself resenting him for dying, as a firefighter his job was a dangerous one paired with his hero complex it was a disaster waiting to happen, and had he not died Michelle wouldn't have to put up with Mark and his passive aggressive behaviour. He was a condescending man who constantly liked to remind her how he had built up his wealth from nothing and that he would not be giving her any handouts in life despite her never asking him for anything.

Michelle had even overheard him whispering with that serpentine tongue of his to her mother about not giving her the college fund that her dad had started for her before his death. He claimed it was to 'prepare her for the real world' but Michelle knew he just wanted to spite her, maybe it was because she wouldn't play the role of the doting step-daughter or maybe it was that he was just a prick.

Either way she was glad that when she walked downstairs that morning the adults were nowhere in sight, a hastily scrawled note from her mother laying on the side explaining that the two had gone on a last minute trip to Dubai sometime before she finished work the night before. Scoffing she scrunched the paper into a ball and threw it in the bin before grabbing an apple off the side for breakfast.

She absentmindedly bit into the juicy red fruit as she packed her school bag before suddenly rushing to the sink as a vile almost rotting taste went down her throat. Spitting the pieces of apple into the sink she inspected the fresh fruit in her hand with wide eyes.

It was completely normal.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I'm just worried guys, Michelle always calls me after she gets home from work to let me know she got back okay," Sidney Prescott sat with her regular group of friends at school, her gaze flicking from group to group as the students sat around eating lunch, "it's not like her to miss class either — do you think I should call someone?"