It's Enchanting (to meet you)- Stark!Reader

A/n: might calm down on long author's notes XD

WC: 1.1k+

Warnings: mentions of alcohol

Summary: You and Peter spend the night at the roof of the tower.

Pairing: Peter Parker x Stark!Reader

                                                                         *********************

Furious was putting it mildly. After you'd begged and begged him to let you attend this party, you'd snuck off without a trace. Storming out of the crowded ballroom, Tony pushed through drunk and noisy people to find out where you and Peter had run off to go God knows where and doing God knows what.

He knew that his concern often merged with anger as he stomped up the metal staircase, shaking his head and barely managing to unclech his jaw in anticipation of where you and his mentee might be.

The sound of your distinctive voice filled his ears, stopping him in his tracks. He followed it, relief washing over him as his eyes landed on you and Peter on the roof, laughing over something inaudible he had just said.

Memories flooded in his mind of the night when it was just himself and Pepper escaping to the same rooftop balcony, craving each other's attention while ignoring the world around them. That night was a backless dress and a drink never delivered, but ended up being the best night of his life. He shook his head at the thought.

Even through the chaos, things were much simpler back then, compared to now. It felt like poetic cinema.

A smile began to spread across his face, happy to see you back to your bubbly self after the events of the so called "Civil War".

As the distance between the two of you grew ever smaller, you felt a gentle flutter in your heart, a familiar warmth creeping up. The butterflies in your stomach danced around as you giggled at something Peter had said.

You felt bad for ditching the party, after all the work it took just to be allowed to attend. You should have listened when your father warned you of how incredibly boring it would be. Of course you and Peter didn't listen, you just wanted to be a part of the action.

The ensuing silence was comfortable, and quickly broken by Peter suddenly fumbling inside his coat pockets searching for something.

"Aha!" He exclaimed with an adorably goofy smile when he found his desired target, pulling out a small velvet box.

"Uh..." He paused for a moment, as if he was wondering where to begin and trying to calm his nerves, "This is nothing special, but I wanted to get something for you. You know cause I couldn't give you anything for your birthday. " He laughed nervously, prying open the box to reveal a miniature version of the arc reactor that once resided in your dad's chest.

"It's beautiful Pete! You didn't have to get me anything though!" You gasped, looking up at him with gleaming eyes and a smile so wide that your cheeks hurt.

Admiring the way the moonlight reflected off of the smooth metal and the brown orbs of the boy across from you, you touched the pendent delicately, your cold hands brushing against the metal.

You noticed him duck his head slightly in an attempt to hide the sight of the blood rushing to his now rosy cheeks.

"It's nothing really." He said, trying to downplay it.

"Well then, put it on me!" You begged excitedly, motioning towards the open box, "Come on don't be shy!"

He chuckled once more, happy he could be the one to bring this sort of reaction and excitement out of you. You swept your hair to one side, exposing your collarbones. Peter placed a strong but gentle hand on your shoulder to steady you and locked the clasp in place. His touch lingered for a second, sending a wave of shivers up your spine that you hoped he didn't notice. Goosebumps now prickled up and down your arms.

"You look really pretty, (Y/N)." He spoke softly, his voice hot on your neck as you whipped around to face him.

"Thanks, uhh you don't look so bad yourself." You replied, nervously being at a loss for words as you began to come back to reality, out of the trance he had unknowingly put you in. Just being around him felt enchanting.

You both stood in silence for a while, smiling at each other occasionally. Neither of you knew what to say as you glanced off to the lights below, looking for some comfort or solace in them to calm your nerves. Little did you know, Tony was still standing there watching the two of you interact, a smile donned his face as he reminisced in the beginnings of his love story with Pepper. What you and Peter have reminded him of them in so many ways, yet so unalike in others.

You suddenly turned to Peter, opening your mouth to speak as he did the same.

"I like you." You said in unison with Peter.

You both began to laugh, cheeks heated, goofy smiles across your faces, hearts fluttering.

"Would you-" Peter began to speak, and you knew exactly what he was going to say.

"Yes. I'd love to go on a date with you Peter Parker." You interrupted him excitedly, giving another laugh. Today was a day neither of you would forget for a very long time. You stared at each other smiling for long, you both wanted to savor this moment.

"I can't believe you like me too." Peter spoke, out of the blue, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Why so Peter? I mean you're amazing! You're smart and cute and funny" Yourvoice trailed off into a whisper, "and really hot."

"But I'm me. And you're Y/N Stark! This still feels unreal." He shook his head, hoping this all wasn't a dream and his alarm clock was bound to go off in a few moments, pulling him from this bliss.

"Well then, you know what will make this real?" You offered, knowing of one thing that would surely do the trick.

"What?" He asked, furrowing his brow, turning back to face you.

"Kiss me." You smirked, in true Stark fashion.

His eyes popped in surprise, and his breath quickened. He bent down to kiss you, your lips meeting, your noses crashing. You both giggled, attempting once more and finding the rhythm and music between the two of you. Your fingers found their way into his tamed curls.

As you both stop for air, Peter rests his forehead against yours. You hold each other as the party beneath you rages on, a smile on both of your faces.

Whatever doubts Tony may have had were washed away as he heard you reassure Peter. He smiled to himself as he turned around, beginning this ascent back down to that godforsaken party.

His daughter was happy, so he was happy. Although if he'd have stuck around a moment or two longer to witness you and Peter lip locked on the balcony, he might have changed his tune.

*******

A/N: Thanks for reading! Please leave a vote and comment your thoughts :D cookies for everyone (::)(::)