Dragonspine - 1

Albedo sits at the corner of the opening in the cave he had made for himself. The traveler had already left with Paimon as she nagged on about having lunch since they had traversed Teyvat. He had waved them goodbye before turning back to his unfinished painting, something about it didn't look right.

He sighed, putting his paintbrush down. Looking out through the snowy fog of dragonspine always brought comfort, no one to see him or talk to him. It's just how he liked it.

However, it didn't last long as he saw a figure standing at the entrance. He didn't feel like particularly talking to anyone unless it was either Sucrose or Timaeus. But he didn't have to worry because the figure was a little child running up to him with open arms.

"Albedo!" Klee exclaimed as she hugged him.

Albedo let out a little laugh and gave her a hug in return, "Hello Klee, did you have fun in Mondstadt? I hope you didn't make Master Jean mad again."

She shook her head no vigorously, "No! I went with Kaeya! He helped me find my bombs."

She smiled up at him and he couldn't help but not get mad. Master Jean has done enough scolding and he doesn't think Klee would like to hear anymore either. He lets out an exasperated sigh but he is happy she enjoyed herself nonetheless.

It's odd though, he thinks, Kaeya doesn't really have time to run around with his arsenic child of a sister. So why did he spend most of the day with her? It was nagging him a little, Kaeya was always a very mysterious individual. He understood that though and that's why they had left each other alone the most.

Albedo is always curious about people that seem interesting or that could add value to his alchemist experiments. The traveler is the main contender right now but it seems they are very vague with where they really came from, it's a shame but it's what it is for the time being.

"Albedo?" Klee asked peering at his face with curiosity.

He seemed to have been lost in thought but responded, "Why was Kaeya with you?"

Frankly a dumb question but Klee doesn't mind explaining. "He said that he didn't have much to do, it's funny because he's always busy but it's because he wanted to catch fish with me. He said, 'You have to freeze the fish not fry them!' he's so funny!" she giggled.

Albedo isn't catching on, Kaeya doesn't seem like the character to go out finding bombs to catch fish. There was something else, there's always something else.

"Was there anything else?"

"Uhh, oh! He also said he wanted to make us some grilled fish," she answered.

As if right on cue someone started to walk in. Albedo can see the hot steam in contrast to the bitter cold, Kaeya standing at the entrance with a small smirk.

"It's cold here, so I brought the fish." Kaeya wore a cheeky smile and Klee jumped up and down at the thought of hot food.

Albedo is analyzing him from afar, Kaeya had never once visited dragonspine and especially for a very trivial reason as bringing grilled fish.

"Why are you here?" Albedo asks, hinting at what the real reason Kaeya might be doing in a place like this.

"Can't I visit Mondstadt's famous Alchemist~?" he flaunted, countering a question with a question.

Albedo didn't realize that he was gonna be in for one hell of a ride.

(AN- So this is just something I'm making cause why not. The traveler is nonbinary, all other characters may or may not show up. It just depends but the main focus is Albedo and his fruity man. I hope you guys like it <3)