Watch Out

"You look beautiful"
My mother stuffed the last of the bobbypins in my bun before turning me towards the mirror. I smiled at the pretty blonde stairing back at me.
"Are you nervous?"
Looking back at myself, I gazed into my heavily shadowed eyes and thought of the appropriate answer.
"Nervous, is a good way to put it. A little excitied, I suppose" Hearing the words escape my mouth, my lips turned up into a smile. "It's not everyday you get chosen"
The clock on the dresser rang quarter past, signaling that only 15 minutes remained. Mother grabbed the dress bag from the door and unzipped it to reveal a long beautiful hunter green dress.
"Here, let me help" handing over the dress to me, I stepped in and pulled it up. "There" zipping up the dress, my mother gazed at the finished product.
polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=88755698
"Everyone will be watching you tonight dear"
I chuckled at her comment, "Isn't that the point?"
10 minutes.
The closer the time came, the less confident I stayed.
"I need some air" I muttered, walking over to the only window in my room and throwing it open. The fresh air was wet and thick, threatening to rain any minute.
"You'll do fine, just say what he tells you and everything will be alright. You'll see" grabbing ahold of my shoulders my mother lead me away from the window and back toward the door.
"Ready?"
Glancing back over my shoulder, I looked out the open window one last time before coming to my senses.
I needed to do this, there was no turning back now.
"Ready"

Making my way slowely down the steps and into the hall, I stood stock still at the entrance to the dinning room.
Just beyond that door were hundreds of people waiting, for me.
To watch as I, Annalise Brookes, become a Death Eater.
For monthes Ive been dreading this very moment and now that it's here, im numb with the thought of it all.
Once I came back from Hogwarts for the summer, my parents were quick to put me in the Dark Lords sight. A daughter who was keen on fighting for the Order and against the Dark Lord wasn't an imagine my father wanted to uphold. 
Now, here I stand, about to sign myself over to the dark wizard himself and there is nothing I can do about it.
"Annalise Brookes!" 
The voice called out from beyond those doors, calling for me.
It was time.
I stepped forward as the double doors creaked open to reveal everyone inside.
Whata crowd.
Putting one foot in front of the other, I couldn't help but feel I was heading for my execution. I told myself I wasn't going to look up but my eyes betrayed me as I made contact with the first person I saw.
Draco.
I stopped.
My legs refused to move as my mouth opened.
"Id just like to say, thank you to everyone here tonight. It is such an honor to have this much support and family in one room" I gazed around and planeted a grin on my face.
Everyone seemed impressed with the display and others, like my father, just wanted it over with.
"But I am sorry to inform you that there will be no Death Eater ceremony tonight"
My voice stayed strong, even after the gasps and looks of shock.
"Or ever. I am sorry to have wasted your night and hopefully you can make the best of whatever time you have left. Thank you again and goodnight"
I smiled at the crowds state of confussion and my fathers growing anger. 
Before he could force me down the aisle though, I was already flying through the air.
"Right on time" I winked at Fred who had his arms wrapped around me tight, keeping me safe on his broom.
"We would have been here sooner but George had to make a pit stop" Fred rolled his eyes as his twin flew in next to us.
"You need to learn to go before you leave the house" I groaned, ducking my head into Fred chest as we sailed through my bedroom window.
Making our way up into the clouds, we were joined by Hagrid on his motorbike.
"Thank God you got er" Hagrid rejoyced seeing me tucked into Fred "How are ya ma dear?"
"Better now" I smiled, the first real smile I cracked in monthes.
"Moody is meeting us at Privet Drive" Hagrid informed George.
"Privet Drive? Is Harry ok?" I questioned.
"He's fine, we are going to pick him up" Fred answered.
Leading the way, Hagrid flew in front of us for awhile before desending toward the ground in a quiet little neighborhood where everyone was waiting.
Moody, Tonks, Lupin, Hermione, Ron, Bill, Fleur, and some squirly looking fellow stood on the street for our return.
"Thank god their back" I heard Tonks state before we even landed.
Setting our feet on the ground, Fred tucked his broom under his right arm and wrapped his left around my shoulders.
"You are bloody freezing" He chuckled, rubbing his hand up and down my arm. 
I welcomed the warmth and leaned into his open side.
Fred Weasley, Nice? For once? He must be sick. 

Following the others, we all entered the empty, spacious house and piled into the living room.
Harry apprently didn't know about the arrangement and was surprised to find his vacent house filled with his closest friends.
Until we told him why we were really there.
"No I won't let you risk it" Harry exclaimed, glairing at the polyjuice potion in Moody's flask.
"It's not like we fancy it either mate" George started
"Just think how it would be if we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever" Fred finished.
"I finally get to try out that short hairdo ive been wanting to sport" I offered.
"We are all of age" Hermione stated, going and yanking a few hairs out of his head and placing it into the flask.
The potion bubbled.
"Drink up, be warned though, it tastes like goblin piss" Moody stated, passing it off to Fred.
"Have experience with that eh Moody?" Fred chuckled, getting no giggles in return. "Just trying to defuse the tension"
Slugging some back, his face screwed up and detorted.
Handing it over to me, I took a swig and let the sour liquid run down my throat.
"Ugh, that's bloody aweful" I muttered, already catching a deeper tone to my voice.
After everyone was finished, the room looked like a funhouse. Glancing at each other, it was like the room was filled with mirrors.
"Hey we're identical!" Fred and George mused beside me.
"alright, everyone change" Moody directed throwing the clothes on the ground. "Bill you stay with Fleur. Munugas you are with me. Ron with Tonks. Hermione with Anna. George with arthur. Fred with Lupin. And Harry, you are with Hagrid" 

Already racing outside, everyone grabbed a broom and set off into the cloudy night sky. 
After about five minutes Hermione and I weren't noticing anything. The sky was pitch black and silent.
Until we heard them.
"Expelliarmus" I screamed, disarming the Death Eater following behind Bill.
"Stupify!" Knocking another back, I scanned the clouds trying to makeout shadows in the distance.
"WATCH OUT!" Hermione screamed over a little too late. A ray of blue light came shooting toward me as I staired in horror.
Jerking sideways, I almost missed the spell. 
Watching as my broom started to spark, I knew I only had a few minutes before the whole thing caught on fire.
Racing through the sky, The Burrow was in sight just a few yards away.
Flying over the fields, my broom started to shift and stop before finally giving up and taking a nose dive to the ground below.
"WHOA! WHOA!" I yelled, grabbing the broom handle and jerking it upward.
But no matter what I did, it just didn't want to right itself. 
Letting the broom slip from between my legs, I skidded across the rough wheat fields until plopping into the middle of the cool, muddy swamp.
Great.
Looking up into the sky, I could see everyone getting back.
To bad they couldn't see me. 
Standing up, the wet mud dripped from my now long blonde hair and baggy clothes. 
It was just a leasure walk from here. 

After about 10 minutes of trudging through the thick field, I finally broke free next to the Weasley's large house. The lights were still on inside with people blocking the view through the windows. Jogging toward the door, I opened it up and slipped inside. 
The room was full and everyone was stairing right at me.
So much for sneaking in.

"Oh thank god!" Hermione exclaimed, running over and throwing her arms around me. "I thought I lost you"
"My Broom caught fire. I had to ditch it on the way down. Landed in the swamp though" I chuckled, gesturing toward the brown mess.
No one joined in with the silliness.
"Whats wrong?"
Hermione gave me a somber look.
"It's George" She whispered, gesturing toward the crowd around the coach.
"Oh no Fred" I murmured.
Thats all I thought of when I saw his brother beaten and bleeding.
Poor George.
Poor Fred.
"George. Oh George. How is he?" I asked, making my way toward a kneeling Fred.
Kneeling down beside him, I put a hand on his shoulder.
"Umm Good, Yeah, fine. He'll be fine. It was just his ear" Fred sniffled, obviously upset about his brother.
"And how is Fred?" I questioned, wrapping him in a full hug. 
He put his head on my shoulder.
"Worried" 
"Ha, aren't we all?"