Oh But You Do

"Seems silly doesn't it?"
Ginny asked, appling a small amount of blush to her cheeks before turning to me with a somber expression on her face.
"What does?"
Grabbing the purple lace strapless dress from off the bed, I quickly stripped my clothes and stepped in to it.
"Having a wedding. With everything that is going on, it just doesn't make sense"
Coming up behind me, Ginny clasped the zipper inbetween her fingers and pulled up. Fastening the dress in place.
Bill and Fleurs wedding was today and to be honest, it was a welcome change from all the secrets and uncover lies.
For once, the one thing we helped plan wasn't dangerous at all.
"The wedding was already set before any of this happened, Ginny. It would be silly to let anything stop it" I stated, walking over to the mirror.
My Purple dress and white heels looked simple and elegant.
I wasn't going for anything spectacular but it got the job done.  
Running my fingers through my waist length blonde hair, I let the ends curl up and bounce back in place. 
Checking over my makeup one last time, I smiled and turned toward Ginny.
"You look stunning" We both recited together to our surprise. 
After a few fits of laughter, I held out my arm and nodded toward it.
"Sha'll we?" 
Linking them together, Ginny gave me a small smirk.
"We Sha'll"

Stepping down into the kitchen, I left Ginny with Harry and myself with a certain Weasley.
Coming up behind him, I got up on my tippy toes and yelled, "HELLOOO OOOO OOO OOO" 
"OI! im missing my ear! Im not deaf!" George yelled back.
"Aw, im disapointed. Thought there would be an echo" I grimaced.
"Cheers for the concern" 
"Does it hurt?" I questioned, peaking at the bandage.
"Nothing a kiss wouldn't fix" He grinned.
Ugh, of coarse a wedding would bring the romantic out in anybody. Even if it is George Weasley and his cheesy attempts for a snog in the shrubbery. 
"HA! Not even in your wildest day dreams" I exclaimed back, taking a few steps for the door.
Before I could reach the handle though, George chuckled.
"Why is it that you fancy my twin Freddie and won't look twice at me? We are practically the same person Anna"
I spun around, mouth hanging open wide.
I did not fancy Fred Weasley!
Why would he even think that?
Fred is just a friend.
He always has been and he always will be. 
So I preferred Fred over George. 
So what? That doesn't mean I don't like George or give Fred any better treatment.
Does it?
"I do not fancy him!" I gasped.
"OH but you do!" George mocked, gasping as I did. 
"And how do you figure?" I challenged, crossing my arms in front of my chest.
He just rolled his eyes.
"Last year when you came to visit the shop, you turned beat red when he was around. Last night you couldn't get any closer and you were more worried about him then you were me! Me! I got my ear blown off and you were worried Fred was too worried! Give me a break Anna, Im not that daft" George smiled, taking a small sip of his coffee.
I glared.
"Yeah, well, that was l-last yea-r and last night F-fred wasss he wasss just b-eing a good friend! And..... oh, shutup!" I stammered, finally giving up on the end.
So, I always had a crush on Fred. Big Deal.
It's not like he would ever want a relationship and it's not like I would ever act on my feelings.
It was fun flirting.
But that was just harmless flirting. 
Nothing will ever come of it. 
"Always right"
George called to me as I walked out the front door. 
Way to feed his ego.
Letting the door close behind me, I looked up to see, well, nothing.
The tent wasn't even set up yet.
"We need one more............." I heard Mr. Weasley mumble a few yards ahead of me. 
Checking the house, he spotted me already outside and ready to go.
"ANNA DEAR! WE COULD USE YOUR HELP!" He yelled over to me, motioning toward him and the few other red heads standing about. 
Hurrying, I strode over to the deflated tent. 
"Alright everybody wands up" Mr. Weasley instructed, setting Percy, Charlie, and Bill on one side and himself, Fred, and I on the other. 
The tent started to rise slowely and mount itself upright and into position. 
Already I could see inside and it was beautiful. 
Just, Magical.
Being the first wedding ive ever been to, I have to say, it exceeded all my expectations.
"It's gorgeous" I muttered, entranced by the elaborate decorations and colors. 
"So are you" A deep voice whispered in my ear, startling me. 
"OH!" Jumping slightly, I spun around to be eye to eye with Fred Weasley. 

"Fred! You scared me! Don't do that" I chuckled, grabbing my chest where my heart was beating a million miles a minute.
"No promises, the look on your face was priceless" He winked, standing to his full height. 
"Oh yeah, a real kodak moment" Glancing down, I tired my best not to stare at his formal attire but he did, in fact, look handsome. 
"You clean up nice Freddie"
"You sound surprised" He scoffed, giving me a slight shove. "I'll have you know, I had to fight off 12 witches already, one was even veela. I let them down easy, told them I was already taken" 
"Who's the lucky lady?" I acted impressed but something deep down inside of me wasn't.
"You" He grinned, pulling out a dozen red roses from behind his back.
I took the flowers. 
"Have you had those back there the whole time?" I questioned, sniffing the red petals. 
"A magician never reveals his secret" 
Wiggling his eyesbrows at me, I gave in and giggled at his moronic display.
"Only because you can't get anyone else and need a date to this thing" 
Instead of getting a witty response, Fred was as serious as a Weasley could ever get.
"You, Anna Brookes, were my first and only choice" He stated, twirling a stray curl around his finger. 
I smiled.
"Aw Fred, is this a serious moment? Or is George going to come up behind me and throw me in the lake?" 
He rolled his eyes
"Yeah it is. So don't ruin it Brookes or I'll throw you in the lake myself" Fred threatened, bending down to be nose to nose with me. 
But I wasn't afraid of Fred.
Not by a long shot.
"Don't you even think about it" I warned.
Chuckling at my persistence, Fred was about to say another snarky remark before George beat him to it.
"OI FRED! YOU TWO GOING TO SNOG ALREADY? OR WHAT?" George called out from an upstairs window.
Fred turned as red as his hair.
"OI! YOU MIND BEING A PRAT ON YOUR OWN TIME!" Fred yelled back up at him.
"IT'S NOT AS FUN! PLUS, I GET TO SEE THAT LOVELY SHADE OF MAROON YOUR SKIN TURNS" George retorted.
I tried to stiffle my laughter.
"ANYWAY, MUM NEEDS TO FIT YOUR SUIT JACKET SO GET ON WITH IT"
Pulling the window down, Fred and I were left alone again and this time, I was a tiny bit nervous.
And im never nervous around the twins!
"I'll see you at the wedding?" Fred asked, looking back at me.
"Uh yeah, it's safe to say I won't be the one in white"
"I'll save you a seat" Fred winked before racing to the house.
Huh, was this it?
Was I finally moving on from.....
Him.
Could I actually, possibly, have feelings for Fred.
Like I did for...
Him.
It sure was starting to feel that way and I kind of, liked it.
Fred was funny and fun to be around. He understands me and I know him.
Maybe I was too wrapped up in Draco and our problems to realize that, it didn't have to be that way.
I could be with someone who cared about me for me.
Someone who shares the same morals as I do.
Loyal and couragous
Like a Gryffindor.
Handsome and kind
Like a Weasley.
and 
Funny and supportive
Like Fred. 
I was safe and at peace, something I wasn't when I was at the Manor trying to figure things out with Draco. 
Trying to make something work that was never even functioning. 
A Gryffindor and a Slytherin? 
Please, we were doomed before we were even a WE. 
If Draco can live with what he is about to do, then he is a true Slytherin. 
But me.
Im not going to let what he does effect my life anymore. 
And
Im going to be happy
Like a true Gryffindor.