Chapter 24: Unexpected Visitor

Staying up in their shared room for the rest of the night was not exactly the family had expected.

Rosalie, Alice, and Esme were concerned, but none of them were as panicked as Edward. He felt horrible, and even though he could read their thoughts, he didn't trust them until they had told him themselves that everything was okay.

Colette hadn't meant to cause anyone any panic, but she didn't know if she could face them all at once if she left the room, and Carlisle decided to stay with her. "You know Alice is gonna drag us out of here for that baseball game." He told her and she looked up at him. "That's today?" She asked and he nodded.

"You said you had a jersey right?" She asked and Carlisle nodded, going into the closet, pulling out two identical ones. "We can be twins." He repeated her words from just the other day. Cole smiled, as she grabbed a cami from the closet, and a pair of work out pants.

Changing in the bathroom, she walked out to see Carlisle with his shirt off. "I'm sorry." She said going to close the door.

Catching the door with his hand, he pulled her into a hug against his bare chest, peppering her face with kisses. "You're perfectly fine." He told her as she giggled. Smiling at him, she gave him a quick kiss on the lips, one that Carlisle loved, before walking over to the closet to find a matching hat.

"You should wear those pants more often." He told her as she turned to look at him, a blush rising to her cheeks as her eyes turned their beautiful purple color. "You like them?" She asked. "They fit you very well." He told her and she laughed. "Thank you."

Down stairs the rest of the Cullen coven smiled hearing Colette laugh. Their worries were cast about as they heard the sound. "Sounds like they got things sorted." Esme smiled.

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"Are you ready?" Carlisle asked his mate and she nodded, but he could tell it was forced. "It will be fine darling." He told her, grasping her hand in his, and opening the door.

Walking down the stairs, the family greeted the two, Cole wore a small smile as she let go of Carlisle's hand, but he caught it, entwining his fingers with hers. She smiled at him, a more genuine one this time and the family took notice.

"Are you ready for baseball?" Alice asked excitedly as she was practically vibrating next to Jasper. The blond soldier chuckled as her positive emotions were pushed onto him, and in turn was radiating them to everyone.

"Yeah." Cole told her, smiling. "I may be a little rusty." She told the group, but Esme waved her off. "The boys try to cheat to win, so if you can play regularly, then it will be fair." She smiled. "You cheat?" Cole asked, turning her head to her boyfriend, only for him to shake his head. "Those three cheat, not me." He told her and the uproar started, causing Esme and Cole to laugh.

"Where's Edward going?" Colette asked as they were all loading gear into bags to take with them, he had driven off in Emmett's Jeep. "He is going to pick up Bella." Carlisle told her, and she froze. She had forgotten about that.

"Carlisle-", she began but he cut her off. "You will be perfectly fine. You didn't even notice the scent last night." "Last night?" "Edward brought over a shirt that was Bella's. Her scent was strong on it and you didn't react to it at all." "Maybe it was too far away." She told him, but he shook his head. "He placed it in his room, just down the hall. I smelt it all night." "What are you saying?" She asked. "I'm saying that if you concentrate, I think you will be okay. Alice didn't see anything, remember?" He asked her and she sighed. "Okay."

‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

Finding the open field, Cole smiled. Seeing as the others were spacing the bases and such, she decided the field needed a little color.