Wild Prowler

Winter was tired from what had happened last night and this morning. She had gotten up to work out how many food rations they both had and what else was needed while she let Mark rest. Dividing the rations into their respective sections, she stood up and looked at her work then gave a nod of satisfaction. A wave of realization hit her when she saw that there wasn't enough rations for them for much longer, maybe another few days is all they had. Not too much longer and Mark had gotten up, his hair in a cute mess.

"Your up early" He said once he got to where she was. An overwhelming feeling came over her, she didn't know what feeling it was yet but she contained it as she spoke.

"I was seeing how our food rations were looking. We maybe have another few days left before we run out. We'll have to explore outside the base to find more" She spoke calmly while looking up at him. His soft green eyes looked at down at her and she felt safe with him, even after the many years of him bullying her.

"Only a few days? That won't be enough. We can try to look in the Titan graveyard not too far from here"

"How do you know that? She gave him a confused look. The class never saw a graveyard while they were here.

"I found one of the maps of Typhon that one of the soldiers left behind. I didn't tell you because I completely forgot about it" Yea, 'forgot'. She definitely believed him about that, but it was there only shot of survival either way. They may even find a working radio there! She started smiling at the though and Mark noticed. "What are you smiling about?"

"We might find a working radio there. It's our best hope for survival at this point." She looked hopeful, the thought of getting off the planet.

"You know? That actually is a great idea. Why don't we head out now?" He smiled at him, looking hopeful too. She smiled brightly and went to quickly gather 2 bottles of water and 2 rations for them then ran back over to him.

"I'm ready when you are!" She was very excited to go out to the Titan graveyard, not just to find a radio but also to see the Titans. They soon set out. Hoping to find what that need.

~•~•~

An hour an a half later they made it to the Titan graveyard without any problems. Winter looked around in amazement, quickly grabbing her own pilot helmet and put it on. The helmet welcomed her and then did a scan of the graveyard.

"Welcome back, Pilot Redwood" The helmet spoke. She didn't freak out this time like so would have before. Winter looked around the graveyard to see if her helmet spots anything still active. A signal popped up on her visor but she heard Mark scream at her to run. She looked around frantically before seeing what he was telling her to run from. A large Prowler was running straight for her. She panicked, turned around and booked it. Mark right beside her. A thought popped into her head and she took Mark's hand, pointing in a direction. The direction of the signal she saw on her visor. He nodded and turned that way, looking back every once in a while to see if the Prowler was still on their tails. It wasn't letting up and easy meal too quickly.

"Someone help us!" A cry for help escaped her mouth. She knew that no one could hear nor help them but her body needed to try. A loud railgun shot sounded around then and the hit the floor to avoid being shot. The Prowler behind them screeched out in pain before going coming silent. A few moments went by before Winter lifted her head to see where the shot came from. Her eyes widened when she saw a Northstar Titan pointed it's Railgun at the Prowler that laid behind them. The Titan soon crumpled back into its weak state.

Winter shot up to her feet as Mark yelled at her not to. She waved a hand at him to shut up before she looked directly at the Titan and whispered something into her helmet.

"Pilot Redwood, ready to fly" It was a phrase her father used when he was getting ready to fly with his Titan or to respond to commands. The Titan seemed to weakly look around as if it heard her. She started running towards the Titan, her heart beat racing. Mark shot to his feet and raced after her, trying to get him to stop. The moment the Titan saw her and saw that Mark was chasing her, it put it's Railgun up again. Aiming directly at him. She halted and put her out beside her as to block Mark. He stopped right behind her and realized the giant Railgun aimed at him.

"Don't hurt him. He's my friend" she spiked with authority that she didn't know she had, her body language was also completely different when a gun faced her. "Identity yourself, Titan"

"Apologies Pilot. I am BL-2064" The Titan seemed determine to give a good impression even though it looked as it he were to power down at any point. "I am very sorry if I power down. My Pilot is dead and I have been stuck in this state for over 10 years now"

"How is that even possible?" It was Mark that spoke. He regained his confidence even after having a Railgun aimed at his face. "You should have been powered down by now"

"That is correct. I should have. I have been conserving my power as much as I can." Winter couldn't just sit there while a Titan that was somehow connected to her helmet was left for dead. She turned and walked away, searching around for batteries. Her father had taught her a little when she was young, the knowledge came in handy now that she had to help this Titan. Mark followed her and realized what she was doing and started to help her. The Titan scanned the around and tried to help out as much as it could with a damaged sensor. A couple hours had gone by and Winter had found that right amount and right fit batteries to fit in the Titan. She smiled and got to work.

She was clever and have a way with puzzles. Winter was able to see a problem and figure it out in no time. The Titan slowly started to regain it's power and ability to move. She hopped off the Titan and took a few steps back.

"Alright, BL. Try standing up, take it nice and slow this time" She chuckled, her hands on her hips as she looked at the Titan then at Mark whom was almost as covered in oil and grime as she was.

"Yes, Pilot." The Titan took a very slow approach to standing up, the gears and oil starting to turn and circulate within itself. It did a few movements that received a satisfied 'hmpf' from Winter. "All my parts and gears are working just like brand new"

"Good, now about our neutral link"

[1221 words, not proofread]
A/n
Hello hello! What's this? A new chapter after how long? Yes it is I and I have brought you a new chapter of Winter and Mark! Hope you enjoyed.
- Snow ❄️