#FreePalestine

in this chapter, the final chapter, I will be telling you more about the Palestine - Isreal issue. going back to the list where I said, Celebrities that Support Palestine, this is what I'm talking about. They are standing with Palestine in this problem, sharing and posting about it. Spreading awareness. Like how when I open the online class, most of you will notice that my icon is in fact, just a plain red picture, the picture used to show you support Palestine. I have changed all my social media accounts icons to the red picture, to show that I am standing with my country, and I have seen countless others do the same even if they're not Palestinian.

Whether you have 1 million followers, or 3, it doesn't matter, the important thing is that you are doing your best to spread the message that there are Palestinian people being killed or injured or kicked out of their houses, every single day. I have been to protests, and each time I went, I can proudly say that more people show up each time.

Now I will tell you what this problem is.

It is a problem that has been going on for more than 65 years. Something most of you hear is a war, a battle.

what is going on is not exactly war, it is occupation and oppression.

Definitions from Merriam Webster Dictionary

War:

a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations.

Oppression:

unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power.

Occupation:

a: the act or process of taking possession of a place or area: Spain's occupation of the islandb: the holding and control of an area by a foreign military force the Roman occupation of Britainc: the military force a country or the policies carried out by the occupation addressed the concerns of the local population.

What is going on in Palestine is a one-sided thing. Isreal is going into the land and trying to take it. children and adults are dying every day and people somehow find a way to look the other way or ignore what's happening.

Isreal is kicking Palestinians out of their houses the way they wish to kick them out of their land.

An example of how they are being treated is, once, a couple of months ago, 2 of my cousins were going on a walk on a mountain near their house and they accidentally walked onto Israeli soldier training grounds because the sign had fallen and it was covered. The soldiers told my cousins to leave, and they did. as they began to walk away, the soldiers started shooting at them and they fell to the ground to protect themselves from the bullets. they called the police and, unsurprisingly, the police took a long time, and didn't really do much after they got there. My cousins didn't get injured, thankfully.

And lastly, I am going to say it now, the Holocaust was a very sad and bad thing that shouldn't have happened, but one of the people who went to Germany to help and fight for the Jews was who? Palestine. My great grandfather fought, he went MIA(missing in action).

So it is really sad that they are doing the same thing Germany did to them. That after all, they have been through, they are putting others through the same thing, and they are doing it to people that helped them too.

I find it really sad that they can shoot at Palestinians and get away with it, but when a child that has been through so much throws a stone at the soldiers that are taking his homeland from him, the media immediately uses that as a reason to side with Israel.

This is not about religion or race, this is about humanity.

when it comes to occupation, self-defence cannot be defined as evil or terrorist attacks or anything close to that. The fact that anytime Palestinians decide to defend themselves results in them being described as the bad people is the main reason this has been going on for so long.

We can all do something to help, we can all do our part.

Share the hashtag,

#FreePalestine