Chapter 3

Sans nervously clicked his fingertips onto the counter, watching Bill accept the cup of coffee he made. After that weird first meeting, he quickly gave Bill a tour of the house in person, showing him his bedroom and the bathroom.

"You're great at making coffee! I love the way it burns my tongue!" Bill beamed, as if he didn't realize how weird his sentence was.

Sans wasn't sure how he felt about this guy. He seemed nice, but sometimes he said things that were really unusual. And, in the ten minutes that he was here, he flirted with Sans twice. Then, of course, there was the dream, that Sans didn't bother concerning himself over until the exact same face of the 'soulmate' in his dream showed up.

Soulmates weren't real. But Sans never saw this guy until now, how did his dream exactly match him up?

"Oh, man, this is going to be really weird," Sans groaned, "Uh, Bill, I was wondering... have ya had any... eventful dreams last night?"

Bill paused. Great job Sans, perfect first impression on his new roommate. But really he was doing it to settle his own curiosity. His dreams were usually nightmares, it was weird to have such an unusual dream like that. If whatever happened in the dream was true, then logically, Bill should have also had that same dream. Of course, there was no way he'd actually -

"Now that you bring it up, I did," Bill said, "It was funny. You were in it, and said you were my soulmate."

Sans choked on his coffee.

"Do you think we're soulmates?" Bill asked, leaning forward with a wide grin. "I think so! You're adorable!"

With a blush, Sans averted his gaze. "Yeah, no, definitely not soulmates. I don't believe in that kinda crap."

Bill pouted. "Aw, not even one date?"

Sans leaned against his hand. Geez, this guy was weird. What a way to meet a roommate. Did he really believe in that kind of stuff? Soulmates weren't a thing, or else Alphys probably would have discovered that during her soul experiments. It was just some weird dream, nothing to it.

While lost in his thoughts, Sans didn't realize Bill circled around the counter before he was towering over Sans, leaning in close to his face.

"I do believe we're soulmates," Bill said, grasping one hand in his own and kissing the top of it. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

Sans yanked away his hand without giving the human a chance. "What - no, hell no! Soulmates ain't real! I gotta go meet my bro anyway, I'm checking up on his diner."

"Oh, can I come?" Bill pushed his hands together in his questioning manner. "I should meet the family of my new roommate! And I could support your brothers business by buying some foooood." He dragged out the last word, singing it with a soft smile.

Taking a moment to think, the small skeleton sighed. The last point got him. "Fine, yeah, you can come."

"Yay!"

~~~~~~

There were quite a few changes that happened to the Greasy Diner since Papyrus took over. The first notable one was the name. Papyrus' Diner. The inside was more cleaned, squeaky clean, with more classic paintings amongst the walls, yet keeping quality food for cheap prices. Sans was happy to see his bro thriving, and often stopped by to make sure he was doing fine. He and Mettaton had just moved in together, and were considering marriage, thus why Sans lived apart from him.

"So you're new roommate, who not only flirted with you, also had the same dream of you about being your soulmate?" Papyrus asked.

Sans took a glance towards Bill. Honestly, the guy was unpredictable. He just suddenly started flirting with Sans left and right, then happened to have the same type of dream as Sans. Bill and Undyne seemed to already be becoming friends, eagerly discussing how she lost her eye in a fight. Undyne loved to brag about that, for whatever reason.