A rocky start

"Would you like more fries, princess?" the server asks, holding out a platter of steaming hot, golden French fries. You lean down from your throne, your tiny feet swinging off the ground.

"Yes! More, more, more please," you say, taking a few from the platter biting into the French fry. Your senses are sent spiraling by the salty taste of the potato. The crispy exterior perfectly houses the fluffy potato center. These French fries are unlike any you've ever tasted before.

"These are amazing," you say, taking more fries. Tiny golden crumbs begin falling on your frosty blue gown. After your third handful of fries, the server looks at you and her purple eyes glow ominously.

She snatched you from your throne "You greedy little princess, greed has been your ultimate downfall. You must remember to always hoooonnnnkkk," you look at the server bewildered. "I must always remember what?" You ask the woman who is now dressed in golden robes and emerald jewels embedded into her body. "Fight for those in need and never hooooonnnnk." She looks at you fear corrupting her once silver eyes.

She clutches you in her arms and shouts. "Your greatest power is yet to be awakened princess, remember who you were," before fading to dust. awakened. Awakened. Awake. Wake. Wake. Wake. Up.

"Wake up."

"WAKE UP."

The stinging pain of ice-cold water encasing my body was not how I'd expected to start my first day of training with Captain America. But it is something I'll bitterly remember for the rest of the day. "What the hell," I shout shivering in my bed looking wildly for my assailant. "Who the hell are you?" You ask locking eyes with the man holding an empty bucket over me that was still dripping water. "I'm James," he says with a smirk, dropping the bucket on my head. I tear the bucket off my head and angrily throw it across the room. "What the hell," I shout standing in front of James. His hazel eyes stare into mine curiously and he smirks the most infuriating smirk I've ever seen. "Your late newbie, the alarm sounded twice and you didn't come so I got the pleasure of waking you," he says with a smile.

So that's what that honking was.

"That's no reason to splash freezing water on me, you, you, you scoundrel," I yell at him. He smiles at my remark causing my blood to boil. "Darling, I'd love to stay here and chat with you about the proper etiquette to wake up a beautiful lady such as yourself but you really are very late put this on and make it speedy or we'll both miss breakfast." He says in a sickly sweet tone. Before I can say anything he shoves clothes into my hands, turns me around, and pushes me towards the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom and close the door in shock. I quickly grab my toothbrush from the counter and brush my teeth before drying off and putting on the uniform James gave me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and smile.

Today is my first day and will lead to a world of new possibilities for me. I will not let some random guy or some creepy recurring dream ruin this day for me. No matter what today throws at you. "Bring on the pain," I whisper as I leave the bathroom quickly putting on my shoes and walking out of my room. "About time, you took so long and you don't even look good, let's go," James teases as I walk out the room. I rolled my eyes ignoring his remark. He began walking down a hallway and I followed quickly behind him. James was quite tall and I had to practically jog to keep up with his strides. "Keep up short stuff we're late," he says as he speeds up with a smirk watching me fall behind. I groaned loudly as I started slowly jogging. "I'm not short, you're ridiculously tall, it's unnatural," I grumble. After a few turns, the two of us walk through a set of double doors into an empty cafeteria. "You're late," the stern voice of Peggy Carter echoed through the empty cafeteria. I looked around the empty cafeteria for the body the voice belonged to.