three; the invite

hey guys!! i took a break, and it's good to be back. don't forget to comment your feedback. x

It's been four days since Harry's seen Allie-Rose, and Harry has some really, really bad secrets to share with someone other than his sister.

But to his surprise (and at that moment), Rose knocks on his bedroom door (he knows it's her because she knocks two times, pauses, and then once more) and Harry sits up frantically. He doesn't know why he's so nervous all of a sudden. It might be because he has the strong urge to tell her all about his problems right then and there. It might be because she makes his belly feel funny, just from a few knocks. It might also be because the girl outside his room is the closest source of human contact he's had in awhile, and he wonders if this makes him sort of a loser now.

"Rose, h-hi." Harry opens the door and it turns out that all his worries are for nothing, because Rose calms him down the moment she walks through the door and grabs his wrists.

"Let me take these off for you," she says, ignoring one of Gemma's rules, and the handcuffs quickly come off.

This isn't supposed to happen, and Harry knows.

*

Rose is supposed to be watching Harry sleep for the remainder of the day, but they end up sprawled across Harry's ratty bed and talking; about their lives, their siblings, and their young teenage years.

All except for Harry's secrets. Harry tells her about Gemma instead of why he wears handcuffs, about his favorite TV show being Skins instead of why he isn't allowed to be around girls like Rose, because there's nothing else he wants to talk about with her. In return, Rose talks about her older sister Renee, about her friends at school, about her social life.

"I have a problem," Harry blurts at one point, when the conversation slowly quiets down and Rose checks the time up on the wall above Harry's bedroom door.

"Yeah? Everyone does, Harry, it's okay."

Harry tries not to tell Rose anything in return, because he knows he'll say something he'll quickly regret, so he nods and smiles. "You're right," he mumles back, flustered. The sunset coming through the window is casting a warm glow in the room, lighting up Rose's awkward, skinny body, her features. He notices the small beauty mark on her right shoulder and Harry thinks he's never seen anything so beautiful in his life before.

His eyes skim up to her face. He wants her, he wants her more than anything else, and realizes this once he looks into her eyes.

"Harry, why are you looking at me like that?" Rose asks.

"I think I want you to sleep here tonight," Harry says back almost immediately, and reaches his hand over to grab Rose's frail wrist. His fingers wrap around her flesh, squeezing. God, does it feel good to touch. "I think I wanna talk to you more. Would that be okay with you and your sister?"

He knows this isn't supposed to happen either, but Gemma wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning.

Rose says yes.

OHMYOFJG I CAN T BELIEVE I DID THAT YIKES! im gonna be updating much more often now, unless school or sports come up to my attention! love u all and thank u for the sweet messages!! xxxx