chapter one

I could feel the excitement coursing through my bones as the wheels touched down on the tarmac in Newark, yet again

I could feel the excitement coursing through my bones as the wheels touched down on the tarmac in Newark, yet again. As soon as the doors were open I practically trampled the old woman in the handy-cap seat to get off.

I ran out of the gate, ignoring the several calls of security guards telling me to slow down until I finally saw the familiar head on messy hair and blue eyes smiling at me. He held a bouquet of yellow daisies in his hand and our two best friends stood beside him.

"Peyton!" Ty Smith, Jack's teammate turned roomie, yelled as he waved his arms spastically.

I broke into a full sprint and jumped across the floor into my boyfriends arms, hearing a slight grunt escape his lips as he caught me.

"Oh, hi baby." He hummed into my ear as he kissed my head.

"Hi." I said almost crying as I held a koala death grip on him.

"How was your flight?" He said still holding me.

"Bad, but worth it." I said.

"Alright put her down it's our turn." Dawson Mercer, another teammate, whined.

"Alright." Jack reluctantly said as he put me down.

I was tackled by Ty and Dawson and loving every second of it.

"Let's get your bags and get to the apartment because we have practice in an hour." Ty said.

"Okay, sounds good." I said, grabbing Jack's hand as we walked through the airport.

"Oh I missed you." Jack said, kissing the back of my hand.

"I missed you more, god I can sew my skin to yours and I still wouldn't be close enough to you." I said.

"Okay, weirdo." Jack laughed.

The four of us sprinted through the pouring rain to head out to the parking garage and get into Ty's car, heading back to the boys apartment.

"Okay, we're running late for practice but number for the pizza place we always order from is on the counter, if you need anything take my car, I love you." Jack kissed me.

"Okay, I'll be doing homework so I'll be here when you get back. I love you, too."

The strom raged on for hours as I started my homework and attempted to look through the fridge for something to make for dinner. Ordinarily I would walk to the supermarket and get something for dinner but the torrential down pour put a damper on our usual first night plans. I had finally decided to settle into the center of Jack's now freshly made bed and start my paper.

After about an hour of working, the thunder roared for my attention as it ripped the sky in half and I lightly closed my laptop, taking a slight break from my paper to sit by the window in the empty apartment. I watched the rain drops race each other down the glass and the lightning lit up the sky. Whilst enjoying the time away from my theology homework I brewed myself a cup of tea, soon hearing the door swing open.