The Hufflepuff Common Room

Harper's POV

I looked at Eliana who was devouring her food. I then looked at Camilla who smiled back at me. She tossed around her treacle tart and spread it over her plate. 'She must be nervous.' I realized giving her a comforting smile. Then I looked at Hazel who was looking at her steak and kidney pie in agony.
"I'll finish that for you if you like Hazel." I smiled and Hazel smiled in relief, passing me the tart. I grinned at her and then turned my look to the Gryffindor boy next to Hazel's twin, Ivy. It was that one who she had looked at earlier! On cue, Hazel turned back to her and said;
"That's my brother, Oliver Wood. He's the Keeper on the Quidditch team." she puffed out her chest. I reached for the black rice pudding and scooped it into my bowl.
"How can you eat so much?" Camilla looked at me and Eliana in shock.
"Trust us, we're just getting started." we chorused. I love Eliana. I looked at my new best friends and vowed I would protect them with my life, I'm not having a repeat of Isla's incident. Her wailing and screaming, my helplessness and then the aching pain of silence. She should be sitting next to me now, laughing at Eliana, talking to Hazel and finishing Camilla's treacle tart. It was unfair, how that boy pushed her over the edge. I will never forget it. I will never forgive him. He deserves to rot in that cell in Azkaban.

"Eli, I can't do this! It's not right, not without Isla. It's not right!" I suddenly sobbed into Eliana's shoulder. Hazel and Camilla comforted me and Eliana rubbed my shoulder.
"Who's Isla?" Camilla asked.
"She's- she was- our triplet. But then, but then her brother pushed her into a pool and she couldn't swim. She started to drown, we were so helpless. We were only eight, we had just started swimming lessons. Then she went silent and her-her-her body floated down to the bottom of the pool." I cried into Eli's shoulder. 
"Harp, it's okay! Isla will never leave us, her spirit still guards us. Come on, let's go, the Prefect's going down now." Eli, Hazel, Camilla and Cedric helped me up and led me after the Prefect, leaving Oliver Wood staring behind me.

"Now to get up the stairs you need to tap on the door and say 'Chocolate Cauldron.'." the Prefect smiled as she followed the procedure. I lifted my head and gaped.  Plants hanged from the welcoming yellow walls. A fire roared and students laughed and played Gobstones and Wizard's Chess. I really had been put in the best house.
"Hazel Wood, Camilla Diggory, Harper Johnson and Eliana Spinnet, please follow me to your dormitory.". Epic! We were all together. We followed the Prefect, Ana, up the descending staircase, leading us further into the ground. The golden rails had emerald vines around them as lanterns and pot plants. Finally we stopped at one of the circular areas.
"Alright this is your dorm. Harper, right? You're the dorm monitor for Year 1 Hufflepuff girls. Report back to me at any time." I nodded enthusiastically. 

"Guys, lets go!" I dragged them inside. Dorm Monitor! Mum and Dad will be so proud.
"Wow!" Hazel looked around. Four wooden poster beds sat next to a window with sunlight beaming out of it. I ran to grab the one in the middle right. Surprisingly, my trunk was already there. When I layed on my bed, Eliana was on my right and Hazel was on my left. 
"Alohomora!" I opened my trunk. I started to hang my wooden toy broomsticks on the roof and then remembered my magic.
"Wingardium Leviosa!". Too easy. I brought out my robes, now a fresh yellow and pointed my wand at them.
"Scourgify!"they became even fresher as I whispered again, "Wingardium Leviosa!". They folded neatly into my closet. I grabbed my signed photo of Gwenog Jones and put it up and then I grabbed my Holyhead Harpies poster and stuck it in a corner. Then I got the team photo and stuck under Gwenog's. Then I grabbed a photo of Isla, Eliana and me, smiling sadly at Isla's playful grin. Only hours after would she be drowning in a pool. Then I grabbed one of my family. I smiled at Angelina who looked happy and sad that her sister was going to Hogwarts.
"Hey Harper," I talked to the picture, "tell Ange that I'm in Hufflepuff and I arrived safely.". I waved goodbye to myself as I disappeared out of the picture. I grabbed my acceptance letter and pinned it up to. And then I got to work on the plants. I quickly used 'Aguamenti' and then checked all of them. They were all fine.
"Harper, picture you is back." Camilla called. I nodded to her in thanks and ran over.
"She said she was super happy and she can't wait to go to Hogwarts and get sorted into Gryffindor and maybe have classes with you and play Quidditch against you. Oh, and also are there any cute boys?" picture Harper and picture Angelina smiled at her. I thought back to the Gryffindor boy, Oliver, Hazel's elder brother. Whoa, Haper, calm down a bit girl, your only 11 don't go fancying people that are 12 and in fact don't fancy anybody till your at least 13.

A/N Hi! It's Katie here. I am currently in remote learning, sucks, even us Hogwarts kids had to go home. Just so you know, Isla's brother was the one who pushed her into the pool. Then he went to Azkaban. Also, Angelina Johnson is Harper's younger sister. And Angelina will still be in Gryffindor.