Chapter 31

Sato stayed around for the next six hours and kept an eye on Sil. Someone was to stay with him at all times to make sure he stayed awake.

There were many times where he just wanted to drift off back to sleep. He eyed his arm many a time too. He also wanted to see what his side looked like.

"You can on the next bandage change." Sato told him.

Sil's body temperature began to shoot up too. "Hmmm, not feel good." he whined.

Sato felt the side of his face. "You're burning up with a fever, that's why."

"Belly... hurts too." His vision swam a time or two.

"We just need to get through a few more hours and you should be past the worst of it. Then you can sleep." Sato explained.

The doctor also looked in Sil's eyes, and they were dilated. He had turned the lights down a bit earlier, so they weren't so hard on his eyes.

Sil wasn't comfortable with the human being up right close to his face. "Can give room."

"Sorry, but I had to see if your eyes are dilated."

"Hm?"

"The pupils are big. That's what dilated means. It is a sign of a concussion. Do you feel dizzy at all?"

Sil could feel his head spinning. He nodded. He laid his head back.

"No going to sleep."

He nodded. Sil felt the pain on his head from the wound. He turned it to his left. For the time being, there was nothing he felt worse. His arm hurt, his head and stomach hurt. If only he could sleep it off. He knew rest was a way of healing with time. 

He knew Brooklyn and his clan were still missing, but right now, he had to get better for their return.
..............

The final hours came and gone. Sil made it through those long hours with help from the humans staying there with him. Everyone had taken a turn for every hour, switching and talking to him.

After six hours had passed, Sato examined Sil's eyes again, and they had returned to normal, but he still had a fever. He still had bodily pains, but with more pain meds given, he could now be able to go to sleep.

Chamberlain was more than glad to hear it. He laid his head to the left and drifted off to sleep rather quickly.

Sato would stay through the day, monitoring Sil. Once he was sure he was past the most critical time, he would need to depart. The Xanatos' and Owen could take it from there. They would all pat Sil's head and neck down with cool wash cloths to keep the fever down.

Toward evening, Sil's fever finally broke. He would continue to recover.
................

At sunset, Hudson, Angela, and Bronx woke up.

They gave a little check in on Sil to see how he was doing. He had a brief talk with them, and they were off to look for the clan again. This time, they left Bronx behind to guard the castle.

A building crew was already rebuilding the wall in the nursery. Nights were colder now. It had to be fixed before tomorrow evening.
.................

That night, Hudson and Angela went back to Brooklyn to look for the missing members.

David was summoned to the Illuminati headquarters tonight, and he finally found out where Goliath, Brooklyn, Broadway, and Lexington were being held. He would have to tell Hudson and Angela later. But Goliath would want to know that Elisa was in the hospital.

Even though David was one of them, he wasn't in charge of what had been going on all week. But he vowed he would get the gargoyles out of there, given the right chance. And because the goal of their project was coming to town tonight, Egon Packs, it might be a good chance to get them out.