Comforting You When You're Sad

Feeling sad? Your Ultimate Boyfriend Kokichi has got you covered!

WORD COUNT: 1417 WORDS

It was a normal Saturday like no other and you had spent half of it crying.

You ripped out another tissue trying to wipe the translucent liquid away, but your eyes started to sting. You wiped it too much that it was getting irritated. You threw the box halfway across the room and all you could feel was numb.

You had just been thinking of everything that was going on. It was all too much for you and you were feeling overwhelmed. It was a mix of anxiety, stress, overthinking, being overloaded with work, anger and a bit of self-hatred. (You can add or remove any words if it seems this doesn't fit you)

You had just been feeling this pensive sensation of sadness lately. You'd been filled with a strange feeling, as if you were detached from the world. Like everything was going so quickly and everyone was moving forward while you were always one step back. Was this normal?

You'd normally have your panta-loving bundle of joy around you, keeping you cheery but he was away on some trip all of last week and he just got back today. You thought he must've been tired, so you didn't want to bombard him with your feelings, so you just cried. Again.

Until the tears just wouldn't come out anymore.

You feel a vibration by your leg and the reverberations of your ringtone bounce across the room. You ignored it for a bit and waited for it to stop ringing, which it eventually did.

Only for it to ring again.

Slowly you get up to see who was calling. Not like you were going to answer, but you might as well look.

You slowly bring your phone up until it fixates right above your eyes. You switch it on and the light flashes brightly. God damn you light mode. In an attempt to stop your eyes burning even more you abruptly drop it.

Right onto your nose.

Fuck. Even more pain.

Bzzt. Bzzt. Bzzt.

Who is it?

You sit up and begrudgingly check. It was Kokichi (woahh what a surprise).

Holy cow you were in some deep shit. Not only have you kept Mr SHSL Clingy Boyfriend waiting but you have 27 missed calls from him.

Haha you're in danger.

Slowly you swipe up to answer his call and were met with Kokichi's very agitated face filling up the screen.

"Ohhh look who decided to pick up! I spend 7 excruciatingly long and painful days on my leader's trip and you don't even bother checking up on me and- uh Y/N...what's wrong?"

You flinch at the unexpected question. Huh, you didn't even say anything, how would he...

Oh.

It's a video call.

You saw his face pop up; he would've seen yours.

Half a days' worth of crying on your tear stained face, dry skin marks from you scraping tears off of you and very sleep-deprived eyes (And smudged make-up if you wear it).

"Oh uh-," You try to make up some excuse, but your mouth wouldn't form words, "Bah argh-uh," Beeeep.

You hang up.

Ahh great. Kokichi comes from a hard week of working and all you could do was make him feel as if he needed to come comfort you. Why couldn't you reply to him? Why didn't you notice it was a video call for goodness sake.

You mumble insults to yourself internally as you wait for him to call again. He was obviously going to demand answers. But his call never came.

OR SO YOU THOUGHT UNTIL YOU LOOKED TO YOUR WINDOW AND THERE HE WAS

RIGHT OUTSIDE.

He was throwing little stones right towards your window trying to break it or at least get you to open it.

"Uhh wha. Kokichi?" You say as you open the window.

"Y/N! Did you know how worried I was? You wouldn't pick up the phone and when you did you looked so sadd and you wouldn't tell me anythinggggg. I felt so hopeless not being able to help you so what's wrong?"

And that's when it all came out. The tears you had supressed for so long all those times had come out. No matter how embarrassing it was, it was reality. You were bawling your eyes out as your boyfriend stood outside your widow watching.

Or he was outside until he started to crawl in through the window. He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly.

"Let it all out," he whispered. (okay tell me I wasn't the only one who got flashbacks)

And so you did. You cried while you were wrapped around in an embrace. Sometimes he'd slowly stroke your hair or give you head pats (knowing if you were comfortable with these beforehand hand).

After you were finished crying you just stayed like that for a while until he slowly tugged at your clothes,

"Want to tell me what's wrong now N/N?"

And you did. You wanted so desperately to tell someone how you had been feeling without feeling like you'd be judged. Being able to openly say anything and not be looked down at. That was Kokichi to you.

Right after he comforted you. He'd give advice and reassure you from time to time. He'd started crying halfway for you because he didn't like how you were in so much pain. That made you cry, and you guys were just crying into each other arms for a good ten minutes until yous decided to try to stop.

(I think I put too much crying into this what the heck)

He pulled you into you living room and told you to sit down and close your eyes. You could hear him attempt to tiptoe away, but his weird shoes made a very obnoxious squeaking sound. As soon as the squeaking stopped you heard clattering of plates and rattling of packets.

He came back to you and you were tempted to peek but you didn't. You them heard him scurry back to your room. After a good 5 minutes or so he was done.

"Y/N open your eyes!"

You opened your eyes to see a huge pillow fort made just for you. The sheet on top lead to your TV and you could see Netflix was up on it. To you right there was a comfy little area with a weighted blanket and lots of fluffy little pillows for you and Kokichi. To the left there was an array of you favourite food and drinks (and of course grape panta) and little lollies. You look up and see Kokichi's very lousy (but full of love!) attempt at trying to hang little fairy light up the top.

"Hey you're not saying anything! Hey, Hey, Hey! Was it too much? Aaaa don't you like how it looks N/N? Heyy answer me!"

"No Kokichi it looks great this is amazing. I'm so stunned that I'm at a loss of words just c'mere," you smile as you drag him into a hug.

"Good 'cos I worked realllly hard on it for you!"

"Thank you Kokichi, its so beautiful and you're so thoughtful,"

"Well you deserve it. We can watch whatever you want and we can do whatever we want"

You felt so loved, maybe this week wasn't so bad after all.

"Oh I love you Kokichi,"

"I know you do ah- Ouuuch N/N why did you pinch meee. Oh okay, okay I love you too!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🌸𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦!