Don't Insult A Dimitrescu's Loved One

"Donna?"

The weather had finally warmed up enough for me to be able to leave the castle without the risk of turning to crystal and I had planned on visiting House Beneviento to see my girlfriend.

"Bela?"

The high pitched voice of Donna's favorite doll companion, Angie, rang through the front room of the large house.

"Donna isn't doing well, will you help her?"

Angie stepped out of the dark shadows of a table, a slight edge of worry evident in her voice as she addressed me. I nodded my head.

"Where is she?"

"In her room, buried under a pile of her favorite blankets."

I nodded and closed the still open front door behind me before dispersing into a swarm of moths, following the long hallway to the door that leads into Donna's room. I transformed back into my solid form and knocked on her door.

"Donna? It's me, Bela... can I come in?"

I hear rustling on the other side of the door before it opens slightly.

"You may enter..."

I push open the door enough to let both Angie and I in before shutting it behind us. I walk towards the bed where a small bundle of soft looking blankets rests onto of the duvet surrounded by a few pillows and sit down, gently lifting one of the blankets away from the pile. Donna's tear stained face is revealed.

"Donna? What's wrong?"

She sits up and and lunges at me, wrapping her arms around my neck and placing her head on my shoulder as she continues to sob. I wrap my hands around her waist and gently rub circles onto her back to try and comfort her.

"Donna, my love? What happened?"

The sheets besides us begin to rustle as Angie climbs onto the bed and plops down next to us.

"Donna had to go into the village yesterday and it was very windy. Donna's veil shifted away from her face because of it and a few of the villagers saw her... cadou scar. Some of them made comments about it that were very mean and made Donna feel bad."

A low and dangerous growl sounds in the back of my throat as I grip Donna tighter, protectively holding her against my chest. She lets out another sob and I stop growling and begin trying to comfort her.

"You're ok, shhhh. Whatever those vile vermin in the village said isn't true. You are a magnificent and beautiful woman and I love you, with ALL of my undead heart. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, your scar is a part of you and you are beautiful with it, no matter what anyone says."

Donna slowly raises her head from my shoulder and looks at me, cloudy blue eyes filled with tears that stream down her cheeks.

"Do you mean that? Truly?"

"Draga mae, everything I said I mean, one-hundred percent."

I smile down at her lovingly and raise my hands to rest them on her cheeks, wiping the tears that stained them away before pulling her in for a short but loving kiss. Soft lips brushing against mine as I try to convey how strongly I feel towards Donna, how much I loved her, in every gentle brush of my lips against hers before pulling away and smiling down at her again.

For the rest of the day Donna and I laid in her bed, surrounded and covered by her blankets, as Angie ran around the room with another one of Donna's dolls chasing after her in a game of tag. Donna and I enjoyed each others company as she cuddled into my side, arms wrapped firmly around my waist, and I ran my fingers through her hair soothingly.

*Time Skip(Brought to you by Angie running laps around the mansion as Lady Donna and Lady Bela slept)*

The next day, after leaving Donna's house, I gathered my sisters and we stalked our way towards the village, searching for the men and women that Angie had described to me.

Every time we came across one of them, we tortured them, pulling blood curdling scream after blood curdling scream from their mouths as we drew our sickles over their flesh, permanently scaring it with deep gashes. After torturing them, drawing as many screams from them as we could, we slit their throats and watched their life force drained from their body and eyes.

"NEVER! Tell my Donna, that her scar makes her hideous! She is Beautiful!"