handsy hawkeye i (amerikate)

It's a quiet after noon all through Young Avengers headquarters except for in the training room where Kate and America happen to be sparring.

A lot of grunting, groaning and heavy breathing is heard across the room, ricocheting off the thick walls.

Not only are the two busy avoiding each others attacks but also the battle droids, Riri installed to help them stay on their toes.

They've been at it for at least an hour or two, neither one of them dropping. Giving up. You know them, that sweet, sensual discord. Tiring themselves out just to prove a point, but little did the space girl know, her precious princess had a plan to win.

---

Katie grabbed one of the special arrows from her bag and fired it towards America. It was an illusion arrow that made it seem like there were multiple coming at you when in reality there was only one. And despite the portal smasher's intuitiveness, this caught her off guard.

It hit her chest before bouncing off just in time for Kate to swoop in and bash her across the face with her bow. She hit her a few more times before squeezing the middle, extending it into a bow staff which she used to sweep America's legs. And as she knew her strength alone wouldn't do anything, she used a technique she learned from Clint to launch her across the room with her own body weight.

America however was able to stop herself mid-air and look over at Kate with a smug yet confused look on her face. She wiped her lip to check for any blood. "Don't you say it!" Kate yelled in slight annoyance as she knew what was about to leave girl's mouth. "All that for a drop of blood."

"Ughhh, you're unbelievable, you know that?" Kate questioned with an amused look. "Unbelievably sexy." joked America. I mean, she wasn't wrong though.

"Oh my gosh. Just get down here so we can finish the match."

"Eager to get your ass handed to you a 7th time, huh?"

The archer cocked an eyebrow. "Um, the last time I checked I was the one who threw you across the room with ease."

America scoffed. "I wouldn't call it ease, princess. I let my guard down." She always does with Kate. That's what makes her dangerous. The Utopian's purple kryptonite. "And yeah..since when do you know jiu jutsu?" She questioned surprised.

"Oh, is that what that was? I thought it was called the ass kicking technique." The brunette shot her a look which she gladly returned.

"I'm gonna wipe that smirk off your face, princess."

"Wanna run that back for me, babe?"

And with that, Kate sprung off an arrow she had shot into the wall, launched a rope arrow at the cocky girl, which America instinctively caught and threw but not in enough time to avoid Hawkeye's follow up move, a tackle, which sent both of them to the floor, landing hard on the mat.

Their positioning couldn't have been more cliché. Kate was straddled on top of America, each hand on either side of her head while the taller girl was underneath, fingers grazing her sides. The gay panic had set in and as confident as she was, she didn't know what to do.

Stuff like this only happened in movies. Or ya know...comic books.

And they just so happened to end up like this as Tommy ran past the room. And of course he was going to say something.

He trotted back and lent on the doorway, smirking. "Ah, nothing like a little girl on girl to get the blood flowing. Can I join?" He asked with smug look that faded quickly as he noticed neither of them were amused.

"You've got 3 seconds to skedaddle before I punch you into a black hole, chico." America stated sternly. You know she ain't playing these games. Well, not with Tommy anyway.

"Do they have hot babes in there?" The smugness returned as the emerald speedster tested the waters further. And America was the shark.

Kate shifted her hand to reach for an arrow and the stars on the brunette's wrist lit up indicating that it was time for him to leave before he had a star shaped hole somewhere he didn't want one. He zoomed out of there quicker than the Flash runs to reset the DC timeline.

Once he was gone, Kate looked back down at America, who's hands found themselves closer to her butt. "So....'babe'?" The portal smasher asked accompanied by her signature smirk.

"Just another nickname, Chavez, don't worry." lied the noirette in the flirty tone she always used with America. And only America. The Utopian made a fake poubty face and Kate couldn't help but laugh, pressing her body into the chocolate eyed girl's even more. A blush appeared on her face which earned a smirk from Hawkeye #2. A lot of that seems to be going on today.

And in a trice, words neither of the girls expected to hear, fell out of Kate's mouth. 

"But it could be more if you wanted it to." She breathed, unintentionally in a low tone, that drew America in even more.

The brunette's eyes widened a bit and she stared up at Kate, star struck for a moment, before opening her mouth to say something. Although her chance was replaced by the suddenness of her lips caught between the archer's. Not that she minded, not one bit. Didn't even question it, she just melted into the kiss, tightening her grip on the smaller girl's waist even more. 

Katie used her right hand to steady herself while her other occupied America's cheek. Which was now warm with joy by the way.

"Just another, nickname, huh?" America snarked, as she reluctantly pulled away, unable to keep herself from smiling. Kate's heart fluttered. The brunette often smirked but rarely did she ever smile and Katie was getting to witness it firsthand. The way it made her feel, she wanted to jump for joy.

"Oh, shut up and kiss me, Chavez." She ordered, quickly reconnecting their lips and reigniting the warmth she had felt only moments ago.

---

(making a part two)

literally just them>>

🌟🎯