Chapter 11

Amanda POV

Watching Layla leave thinking of my self when I was younger with my husband before he became them man he was that i fell back in love with before he died

I worked so much that I never seen my kids or my husband because we were struggling. My husband never helped he left us actually for a two years. Abel took care of the kids cooking cleaning making sure they got to school all while I worked.

I will forever be grateful for my son in many ways smiling as I was leaving the dinner as Jeff locked up.

. . .

The next day I decided to go in to the diner late so I was making breakfast I hear the front door open, heavy foot steps and keys jingle must be one of my kids I look up and Abel walking in with his fathers smile on his face "Hey momma" he only calls me momma when no one else is around.

"Hey baby boy what are you doing here this early I look at the clock its 7:00am I didn't even hear the bike" must have been lost in thought. "Are you hungry."

"No I already ate" he sat down on the barstool.

We sat in silence while I finished my breakfast "So why the visit so early this morning?"

"Umm momma I have a question for you? but I'm not sure how to word it" he looks nervous. My son never gets nervous he always knows what to say no mater the consequences or the out come now I'm nervous.

"Sure. "

"What is it about?" I ask softly.

He takes a big breath "I want to ask Layla out but I don't know how, I keep thinking, then I'm over thinking, what if she doesn't like me, what if she says no, then I'll look like an Idiot." He says in one long breath.

I was shocked with the long sentence that he rushed out but I wasn't surprised that he like her I could see it when she worked he would stare at her for hours. Looked at her with adoration you couldn't miss it except Layla had know idea.

"Ok well let's slow down first thing you need to tell her how you feel I know you don't want, but if you want this to work which I think you do your gonna have to open up to her. I know you don't open up to people but that's how your going to get her to trust you. Because I have a feeling that something bad and something really deep happened to that poor girl so your gonna have to give something to her for her to give to you if that makes sense" leaning against the counter looking at him.

"I get what your saying mom, wait what happened?" He was curious but also worried with a twist of anger.

"Honey I don't know but you don't just pick up 3 kids and move across the country for the fun of it" sipping my coffee "think about it she never talks about her self or where she lived, she's afraid of everyone, she was looking for a job the day she got in to town, she didn't have phone." I said in a worried tone.

"Your right I'll have Case look into it." Him looking at his hands on the counter.

I lean over the counter and look at him deep in the thought "Just talk to her tell her how you feel."

He nods and nervous smiles softly gets up and leaves a few minutes later I hear his bike start and leave my house.