3- The phone call

I think I'm going to add some more Karlnapity to this chapter. (That's Karl, Quackity and Sapnap's ship name for those of you who have been living under a rock lol)

Future Esme: it'll just be Karlnap, you get the drill

It had been two days since Dream had met George and it was all he could think about. However he couldn't help but worry about why he hadn't called him yet.

"Maybe I didn't give him the right number." Dream said to Karl. He wasn't really listening as he was concentrating on the TV, looking very sleepy but he was trying to help his best to help his friend.

"Maybe he hasn't got his phone back from the repair shop yet?" Karl said trying to sound convincing.

"What if he just doesn't like me?"

"Oh he definitely liked you!" Sapnap yelled from the kitchen, in the middle of making dinner.

"You think so?" Asked Dream, unsure.

"Of course he did! You're telling me that you didn't notice how flustered he got whenever you talked?" Karl laughed.

"But that doesn't mean he liked me."

"No I remember when I had a crush on Sapnap and I would act the exact way George acted on Friday." Karl added "He likes you for sure!"

Sapnap laughed loudly from the kitchen. "I remember that! You got so flustered!"

Karl giggled giggled before shouting back, "Sap, get in here!" Within a second he was by Karl's side and Karl was whispering in his ear.

Dream scoffed, assuming the conversation was over. At least it gave him time to think by himself. He chuckled at the thought of his dumb roomates and then began stirring the risotto as he glanced up at the recipe. He still wasn't convinced George was gay, let alone liked him.

--------------Time skip-------------

They sat at the table eating the risotto that Dream managed to burn. The two lovers each had hickeys going up and down their necks but Dream didn't really notice.

That's when Dream's phone went off making everyone jump at the unexpected noise. He glanced at the screen which showed an unknown number.

"Could that be George?" Sapnap asked while he excitedly got out of his seat and walked over to Dream.

An overwhelming amount of nerves took over Dream making him freeze up.

"What are you doing? Answer it!" Karl yelled.

Then before he knew what was going on, Sapnap had answered for him and was putting the phone up to Dream's ear.

"Hello?" Dream said as he waited back for a response. Part of him hoped it wasn't George because of how nervous he was. But when he heard Georges voice he grinned from ear to ear.

"Hi Dream. So I got the number right."

"How are you?" Dream asked.

"Dream, I need help."

Dream's smile faded.

~484 words~

This was a much shorter chapter but it made sense to end it on that little cliff-hanger.

Thank you for reading. Even if there aren't that many people reading this I still really appreciate it.

-Esme