3-Willa Comita

Shout-out to FreyNora for leaving a review

Also, pretty much everyone knows I like some good tunes and guess what albums came out today? Scaled and Icy by twenty one pilots and Sour by Olivia Rodrigo!!!!!!!!!!! *excitement*(this note was written 5-21-21. Yes, I know it's been a week since those albums came out)

Sour was great. I love her.

Scaled and Icy... could've been better... but some of the songs were awesome. Missing the Blurryface era though 

One note about this chapter: I don't like those fanfics where everyone calls Katniss, Finnick, and Johanna Kat, Finn and Jo. Katniss says in the books she hates nicknames, and I feel like even though Johanna's crazy, she's still feminine enough to want a feminine sounding name like Johanna instead of Jo. I think Finnick would be called Finn, but only on occasion and only by close friends. I call him that once in this chapter, just because it felt natural. I think this will be the only time I do it.

Another note on Johanna: I don't see her as a tomboy. She's very feminine, like I said earlier. She compliments Katniss's dress and she acts like she loves dressing up and doing hair and makeup. She's definitely not dumb or shallow, but she's not anti-girl.

On to the story!

We had a few months between the victory tour and the 67th Hunger Games. I went back to District 12 and hung out with Prim and Gale. Sometimes I hunted, but it wasn't the same. Even before the Games, I was scared of the woods. I hunted because I had to to save my family, but the slightest noise would send me up a tree and I wouldn't come down for hours. When I got back from the Hunger Games, it made me fire my bow in the general direction of the sound, then I would take off running. This was really unfortunate, since most of the time it turned out to be Gale.

I still called Finnick at nighttime. Only when I couldn't calm down on my own, though. He never hung up on me, unless it was clear I had fallen asleep on the phone.

On the day of the Reaping, I wore a yellow dress that Cinna sent me. It had no sleeves and yellow flowers on it. It would've cost a year's worth of game, had I paid for it myself.

I sat on the stage next to Haymitch, who was wedged between me and Effie. Mayor Undersea gave his speech, and then read off the list of Victors from District 12, which only included three, and one of us was dead.

Lucy Gray Baird (10th Annual Hunger Games), Haymitch Abernathy (50th Annual Hunger Games), Katniss Everdeen (66th Annual Hunger Games).

We watched the dumb Hunger Games promotional video, and then Effie sprung up and hopped to the microphone, with way too much energy. She was recently asked to be the escort of District 8, but declined. After my victory as the Girl on Fire, District 12 became very popular amongst the Capitolites.

"Let's start with the ladies," she said with a smile. Her hair was purple this year, matching her ridiculous dress and six inch heels. When I told her I liked the color this year, she said

"Why thank you, dear, but it's not purple. It's lavender."

In case you're curious, that's the last time I ever compliment her.

"Willa Comita," She announced. All the eighteen-year-old girls turned to stare at a blonde merchant girl from the town. Her eyes were blue, but her skin wasn't nearly as pale as the other town kids. It was tanner. She wasn't very muscular, but she was very pretty. And to her credit, she didn't cry when she was called. Willa stood there for a minute, shocked, then walked to the stage, her mouth agape. My eye immediately caught the gold wedding ring on her finger. It must've cost a lot.