Chapter Six

"Changbin," Felix said as he grabbed Changbin's wrist, forcing the older male to stop and turn around.

As soon as their eyes met, Felix's words suddenly vanished, stuck in his throat. The boy blinked a few times, opening his mouth only to close it again when he realised he had absolutely no idea what to say next. His shoulders slumped and he let go of Changbin who gave Felix a soft look.

"I said don't thank me. It's okay," Changbin said. "It's no big deal."

And with one last quick glance at Felix, he turned around and walked away, leaving the poor boy confused and almost ashamed of what he just did. He slowly walked back to the cafeteria, refusing to meet Jeongin's eyes as he sat down across from him, a frown on his face.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Jeongin asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Nothing... I don't know what came over me," Felix answered. "My brain decided to stop working and I didn't know what to say. So he left." Felix put his elbow on the table and rubbed his face with a groan. "I feel so stupid!"

Jeongin smiled. "Hey, don't beat yourself up. Changbin hyung is intimidating. It's okay that you didn't find your words."

Felix pouted and folded his hands on the table. "I guess... Was he always like that?" he asked.

"No. He changed, but I don't know why. Hyunjin hyung and Changbin hyung used to be really close. I met him through my brother, actually. He was really nice, though I was still kind of intimidated by him," Jeongin explained.

"Hyunjin and Changbin hyung used to be close?" Felix asked, surprised.

"You didn't know?"

"Hyunjin never really mentioned him," Felix replied.

Jeongin shrugged. "Something happened between them, I don't know what. But they've been weird and distant with each other. Maybe they'll work it out," Jeongin said as he started eating his food. After a short moment, he looked up at Felix, eyebrows furrowed. "But why did he say you were with him though?"

"I- I don't know," Felix admitted. He poked at his food with his chopsticks, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"Weird. Anyway, why aren't you eating with Hyunjin hyung?" Jeongin asked.

"Because he's annoying."

"Finally! I was wondering when you'd finally realise that!" Jeongin exclaimed with a wide smile, making Felix laugh. "What did he do?"

"Well, he was all happy and all when we met, and I teased him- about you actually. Cuz he told me about the girls at the party-"

"Oh my god," Jeongin dramatically sighed, putting his chopsticks down. "Did you know that at the party, I was with Seungmin, and this girl - who was really sweet by the way - was talking to us. And you know what this dumbass did?? He jumped into the conversation and told the girl to back off, then dragged me along with him, and told me to not talk to girls anymore?! I've never wanted to punch him more."

"I knew something happened, and he didn't tell me," Felix said. "He's really protective of you, isn't he?"

"Yeah, and it's sweet, but a little annoying too. Anyway, back to your story."

"Oh yes. So I teased him about you, and he looked upset. Then Chan hyung arrived and told Hyunjin that he looked cute when he was mad. Hyunjin turned so red, it was funny, actually. But then he grabbed me and dragged me with him. I didn't understand why he got so flustered so I asked him, but he wouldn't say, so I got mad at him, and now I'm ignoring him."

Jeongin started laughing. "First of all, that's really funny. Don't worry, he'll tell you. Give him some time. Second of all, you know you won't be able to stay mad at him? He will nag you until you stop being mad at him. So good luck with that!"