Past vs. Present

Regina's POV:

Royals. If you have a good Ruler, everyone loves you, if you have a bad one, people fear you and hate you at the same time. 

I remember as a young girl, the moments where Mom and Dad would sit on my bed with me, when it was dusk outside, and read me a book.  My hair would be in a low ponytail and I always jumped on my bed waiting for Mom and Dad to read something before sleeping. 

The maids would stay close to the door and listen to the story and they would have smiles on their faces, and dad would always pull me closer to him. 

Whenever I walked around the castle or outside, everyone is so nice to me, and they always have a bright smile on their faces.  Little did I know I would slowly lose many things, and learn about my past. I could see everyone hiding something away from me, but I never paid attention as I was 4.

Soon came a time where I was lying in bed and couldnt breath. I didnt know why, and I started panicking. I banged on the wall since I couldnt walk or run to my parents chamber, and soon enough a maid rushed in and gasped as she shouted for the King and Queen. She sat next to me and tried to see what was happening, then my parents came in and looked at me then back at each other. 

My Mother raised her hand a wave of light purple magic washed over me and I calmed as I allowed the magic flow through my body and I could breath again. 

I looked at my parents and they kept their gaze away from me. I frowned and was gonna say something till Dad spoke. 

''Are you alright my Little Princess?'' I looked at Dad. 

''I am daddy. What happened?'' I ask as my voice shakes a bit.

Dad takes a breath before looking at me. ''When you were younger, a couple months old, you couldnt breath sometimes, we thought you were cursed or some kind of magic was in you, but you had asthma. Its not as bad as it was back then, but you havent had one for years, We didnt think you would get another but you did.''

''Couldnt..breath?'' I looked at him as my eyes widen. 

''Dont worry Gina. Your safe now, we're here for you, you wont go away ok?''

I pause a bit, ''Ok Daddy.'' I curl into a ball on my bed and sigh. I feel Dad kiss my head and place the blanket over my body. I close my eyes as I place on hand under my pillow and the other next to my face and close my eyes. I hear Mom exist my room and I wait for Dad to leave as well but when he dosnt I look at him. He smiles a bit a bit and sits next to me. 

I sit up and look at him. 

''I'll stay till you sleep.'' He moves some hair out of my face and I lay back and close my eyes, allowing sleep to take over me. I don't think Dad left me that night, but I dont know for sure, I woke up later due to a good sleep.

~Time skip~ 

I stand in front of the big wooden doors and take a deep breath. Once I go in, I stay there. 

I open the doors and look at everyone as they look at me and start Clapping. My 8th Birthday, a new year in my life has started. Dad gave me a single Red tulip and I smiled and smelled the tulip. Even though Tulips dont have a scent, this one had a sweet honey smell and I smiled at Dad. He hugged me and I walked to Mother and gave her a hug before standing in front of the table and looked around. 

''Thank you all for being here.'' I smiled and looked at the cake. ''And thank you for everyone that planed this all and for the cake and the food. I hope you all have a good time here.'' I nodded my head a bit as I moved away from the table and allowed the guest to have the first of the food and cake.