chapter . 3

picture credits to my wonderful friend agustiny

You come racing back after having searched the EnTire ScHOoL- jk only the art room- for glue.

.

.

.

You wave the glue stick you found in the air, looking like quite the sight, your clothes moving with you and the jacket you have on entangling with your legs, making it fReaKINg hArd to run.

"Hey! Y-Y/N!" You try to turn around to see who's calling you, and end up tripping on your own feet, landing on your backside.

~YOUR (Y/N'S) POV~

"H-oWOWOW-" I fall over. A red haired boy- THE RED HAIRED BOY! comes up to me. "oH MY GOD YOUR'E THE RED HAIRE- I mean, Tendou! It's great that I got to see you, but I have to go fix my friend's glasses!"

I hurredly stand up and start running, only to realise-

"With this?-" Tendou hold up the glue stick.

"Yes! Thank you!" I grab the glue stick and run off, aware of Tendou running behind me. "What are you doing-?" I ask as he runs beside me.

"I have to meet my cousin over here anyway, she was doing tryouts," he says.

"I- okay fair enough- Miko! Found some glue!-" You pause as you see Tendou waving to the same girl. "Uh, who are you waving to? The only person here is Miko. You're supposed to be getting your cousin- OH! MIKO'S YOUR COUSIN!""

You rub your nape sheepishly. "Sorry bout that-"

Miko laughs, "Its fine, I like your personality! And yes, this chicken looking tender is my cousin."

"What'd you just call me glasses girl?" Tendou raises an eyebrow

"Here," you take her glasses and attempt to fix them up with thte glue stick, making them worse than before. Eventually, you give up and just hand them to her, apologising profusely. She snaps them back on and gives you a look. "Oh.."

"I was trying to tell you they can do that- but you ran off somewhere." She chuckles.

"So, how'd the try outs go?" Tendou asks. "I presume you went to them too, y/n?"

"Oh- yeah I did- it was surprisingly hard- " you sweatdrop.

"All the other girls were like, on ultra instinct." Miko nods.

Tendou laughs, "I think you guys are just bad."

Miko kicks his shin. "Shut up circus clown. We get it your team is national level oh scary" she waved jazz hands.

"YeAh," you back Miko up before almost choking on air- "nATIOnAls?!" You wheeze in shock.

"Please tell me you knew that before joining the school-" Miko begs.

You grin bashfully, "oF cOURSe I did.... fine, I didn't, but I always wanted to go to nationals!" Stars whizzed around your eyes and you leaned toward Tendou excitedly. "Whats it like there? Are the other teams scary? What about the crowds? Is it different compared to normal tournaments?"

His eyes widen momentarily before he smiled and patted your head. "Why don't you find out? We haven't had a manager in years. The boys will be surprised if we get a girl too-"

"Last part was unnecessary," Miko deadpans as she kicks him again.

"Manager!? Of a national level team!?" Your eyes gleamed "Can I? Can I please!?"