Chapter 63

Eden flapped her black and white tipped wings to the very top of the Eiffel Tower, where she landed clumsily on the roof of the balcony. Her and her parents, Shadwell and Gabriel had already visited the balcony, she wanted to sit on top of the balcony and feel the cool night breeze.

Gabriel landed gracefully next to her, and together they sat down, the legs dangling over the edge of the balcony.

"Did you enjoy those crepes?" Eden asked, wrapping a wing around the Archangel, who had a look of worry on his face.

"Yes, they were delicious." They hadn't meant to stay out so late, but Eden didn't want to go back to cabin. The sooner Gabriel got her back within the safety of the protection wards, the better.

Gabriel had been eating crepes almost non-stop ever since they had arrived in Paris and they were definitely his new favorite food.

"I'm glad to hear it." Eden replied with a crooked smile.

"We should head back; your parents will start to worry."

"Not until you see your first sunrise." Eden said, pointed to the black sky, which was slowly turning into a dark purple.

"Just sit back and enjoy the show." As the minutes ticked by, Eden's smiled broadened when the Archangel's eyes lit up as the purple sky faded to magenta, light pink, red, orange, and yellow as the sun, a giant pale yellow ball of fire, crawled its way into its proper place on the horizon.

"It's beautiful." Gabriel said, his voice filled with awe.

"I knew you'd like it." Eden grinned, kissing his stubbled cheek.

"Now, how about some breakfast? My treat!"