1 | crescent smile

When smiling, make sure
you use the muscles around
the eyes. They'll crinkle for
a bit, and maybe you'll make
a crescent eye shape.

She paused the video and placed her phone near the sink. She faced the mirror and stared blankly at her face.

"Eye creases," she muttered before imitating the man in the video.

"A crescent eye shape," she said before returning back to her blank expression.

"Don't forget to relax your jaws and muscles. Don't look so tense, it'll make it look unnatural," the man continued after she pressed the play button.

She smiled again, observing the differences in the video and in the mirror. Her fingers caress her own cheeks and jaws, trying to make herself relax the muscles.

"Smile," she mumbled.

°
°
°
INARIZAKI HIGH
8:15AM

"Good morning, F/N-san," was the first thing she heard as she walked pass the school gate.

"Good morning, Mayu-san," F/N spoke in a mellow, gentle voice. The corners of her lips raised and the corners of her eyes crinkled, all in an attempt to imitate the video.

"You look like you're in a good mood this morning," the other girl said, walking beside her towards the entrance of their building.

"I'm the same as always," she said.

They both pause at the locker area to change their shoes and the moment F/N opened hers, a pile of papers fall down to the floor.

"Garbage," she mumbled, staring at how the pieces fall on the floor.

"Woah, those again? You get those everyday, don't you?" Mayu teased. "Love letters, must be nice to be popular too," she added.

F/N crouched down and picked up the letters, stacking them all neatly. She placed them all in her bag, not saying a word.

"These fucking rats," she cursed under her breath.

°
°
°

"GOODMORNING, MIYA-SAN!" F/N and Mayu could hear squeals nearby, making them raise a brow as well.

"It's the Miya twins," Mayu said and paused, making Konno equally as curious. "The volleyball team is really like an idol group, don't you think?"

"Idol group?"

"Mhmm," Mayu hummed. "They're like celebrities here. Don't you think so?"

"I guess so. They do look handsome. Like, well, ikemen," F/N answered, remembering the video advice she watched the other day.

"Totally. They're all ikemen," Mayu agreed.

"Which one is your type, Konno-san?" Mayu asked, still just standing. F/N bit the inside of her cheek, hinting a tinge of annoyance.

"I guess, I guess the one in the middle," F/N chose the blonde.

"I'll go to the classroom now, okay?" F/N said, smiling again.

"Wa- Wait, bring me with you. We're classmates!"

The two girls headed straight to the end of the hall, where their class was.

"Hey, I think they were looking at us just now," the blonde in question said, looking at F/N and Mayu walk away.

"Who?" a gray-haired boy asked.