Awakened

Please remember to vote/ comment/ Mwahhhh.

____________________________________________

Venus POV

The voices around me all seemed so loud, so chaotic. It was like a hundred different people, and they were all talking at once. I couldn't focus on a single voice, no matter how hard I tried, there were way too many. Coming from each direction, I tried to find a familiar face, something to bring my focus back to its center.

And though I recognized each of these faces, they all seemed so foreign to me. Each of their faces kept getting more clearer, and then blurry. And this happened over and over. It was as if I had a pair of super-strength glasses on that kept coming off and back on.

I looked around frantically, covering my ears to try and dull the sounds. But it didn't work. I could still hear each and every voice as if they were screaming into my ears. It was driving me insane. It felt like I was being drowned in a sea of voices.

I snapped around once again, freezing as soon as I saw one familiar face that I knew. Sebastian. He was right in front of me, and he was talking to me. I could see that his lips were moving, but I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

What the hell was happening?

I approached him, terrified of what I was experiencing. I mean I had no idea what was happening, and my memory was so foggy that I couldn't even remember the moments leading up to this one. It was almost as if I was dreaming.

But when I felt Sebastian's hand grab mine, I could tell that this was really happening, which only made this whole situation more terrifying.

I held onto him for dear life, needing the chaos to end shortly. The chaos had only just begun though, and I shortly realized that when I was met with an overwhelming sense of smell. I mean I could smell everything. I could smell the bodies that were dead and scattered around, the blood, the smell of smoke, hell I could even smell the dirt beneath me.

But there was one sent that was driving me even more insane. It was a smell that smelled so good, I wanted to inhale it. I didn't know what that smell was. It was earthy. But not quite. It had a tinge of something drug-like, like tobacco. I couldn't fully describe the smell, all I knew was that I was in love with it. I had this overwhelming urge to find it.

I looked around for it, trying to find what it belonged to. At this point, none of the voices mattered. None of the vivid colors around me mattered, or the fact that if I stared at a tree hard enough, I could see the ants moving about it. I didn't care about that. No, something inside of me was telling me to find the source of the smell.

And so I did. I looked everywhere, eventually realizing that the smell was coming from right in front of me. It was coming from Sebastian. The smell of earth and tobacco filled my nostrils as I set my head against his chest. I had never smelled anything that smelled as good as him. And I couldn't tell if he had gotten a new cologne or something, but it didn't seem like he had. His cologne had never made me feel this euphoric before. Now, my head was spinning.

I looked up at him, realizing that the voice had died down a bit. And at this point, I was able to find the words I wanted to say.

"Sebastian, what's happening to me?"

I honestly thought I was losing my mind. That is until Sebastian spoke.

"You're one of us now."

I felt my heart speed up in excitement. Did he mean...

"A..." I paused, "A werewolf?"

A nervous smile spread across his face as he nodded. I was about to speak, to celebrate, when I noticed something else. I could hear his heart beating. I could hear it speed up. It thumped loudly in his chest, something that absolutely fascinated me.